• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Purolator pure one

Yeah, another useless thread about who makes the best filter or oil ! :bs:

Everyone has their brand preference, that is why this exact thread gets played out every week or two. Generally some newb starts it innocently enough with "What filter do you think is best?..." and the thread turns into 4+ pages.

Looks like RichP got his bad filter replaced. Good deal :)

Move along folks, nothing to see here ...

Zuki-Ron said:
Yeah, another useless thread about who makes the best filter or oil ! :bs:

Everyone has their brand preference, that is why this exact thread gets played out every week or two. Generally some newb starts it innocently enough with "What filter do you think is best?..." and the thread turns into 4+ pages.

Looks like RichP got his bad filter replaced. Good deal :)

Move along folks, nothing to see here ...

Why do you care so much? It's not a big deal. Our dues cover the bandwidth and the the thread may save somebody the trouble of dealing with a poor quality oil or filter. This is the oem tech forum afterall it's fairly basic. Go appoint yourself moderator of the den or something.

Last edited:
CW said:
Why do you care so much? It's not a big deal. Our dues cover the bandwidth and the the thread may save somebody the trouble of dealing with a poor quality oil or filter. This is the oem tech forum afterall it's fairly basic. Go appoint yourself moderator of the den or something.

For the same reason folks care that they see repeated reposts of "How much lift do I need", or "What lift kit shoud I buy". If folks want the answer to those questions, there is probably an open thread. Same with filters and oils, they have been covered- recently and adnausium.

Rich's post should have been in OT 'cause it was not tech. He was just complaining his store was out of his brand and he got a bad filter. Pretty basic. Now we have 2 pages of "my filter is better than yours" and now 'brand bashing'. Soo, I am saying "Enough of this, let's get on to some 'real' tech questions".

Basic rules of oil changes and filters, regardless of brand: Change them often to keep your engine healthy.

I can have my say here also. As you stated, the dues covere the bandwidth... Don't like it? Report my post :D

Last edited:
Frams are so bad that Ford sent out a notice to all Ford diesel owners stating that if their rig comes in for an engine warranty and it has an Orange Fram on it, warranty will be denied!

carnuck said:
Frams are so bad that Ford sent out a notice to all Ford diesel owners stating that if their rig comes in for an engine warranty and it has an Orange Fram on it, warranty will be denied!

Which of course is completely illegal uner the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act.

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.

If they can prove it...

They have proved it (or their lawyers wouldn't have allowed that notice to be sent out) and by sending notice to original owners plus posting in newspapers they have notified the general public. Read the fine print of the warranty act. If the part is not up to OEM specification, warranty may be refused.

here is the loophole in the act that allows the manufacturer to argue with you. This is a quote from the FT C web site about the M-M Act.
"While you cannot use a tie-in sales provision, your warranty need not cover use of replacement parts, repairs, or maintenance that is inappropriate for your product. " "Although tie-in sales provisions generally are not allowed, you can include such a provision in your warranty if you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the FTC that your product will not work properly without a specified item or service."

All they have to do is an oil analysis that shows chunks of Fram filter paper in the oil and you may as well wipe your butt with the warranty paper! (went through that with a shop that was supposed to be doing oil changes on shop vehicles and they only wiped off the filters to make them look clean! Can you say new engine through a lawsuit?)

Last edited:
Back