• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pulling dents out

Boudroux

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anyone have experience with those suction cup dent puller things?

Couple nights ago my buddy's son turned 21. The bastard is built like a brick shit house and after a full days drinking thought it would be funny to rag doll me into the side of my jeep. My passenger door now has a dent shaped like my lower back but luckily no creases.

Because it is a rather large dent would one of those suction cup things work? I have no experience with them.

It should work fine on large dents wo creases. I've had pretty good luck with em. Most autoparts stores carry them for about $10.
Good luck

this may sound odd to some, but it works pretty good.
get a hair dryer, heat gun, etc. heat up the dented area as hot as you can get it without burning the paint or setting something on fire. then immediately take a large sized can of canned air/keyboard duster and holding it upside down(so you get frosty liquid) quench the whole heated dent area completely until it's cool. as it cools, it should roll the dent right out. there are videos online showing the process.
your results may vary, and you might have to do it more than once-but it works well on dents that don't have sharp creases.
the suction cup things have never worked for me, but the heat gun + supercooling took a good size dent out of my pass door in the mj where an ex had used her big butt to slam the door closed...

Back