• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proud Papa

gabe4

NAXJA Forum User
Check it out this was Nathan's first time driving, we just finished putting this car together 15min before we needed to be at the track. He won all three races and started last in the feature and passed every car to win.

SDC12696.jpg

We will be racing every Sat. until Sept. so we won't be making NAC-fest this year.

looks like fun. how old is he?

it's a ball. it can be real crazy but the kids are just great to watch. Nathan is in the 6-8 yr old class he's 6 and just seems to understand how to stay in the grove. I was actually worried that since I was the new guy everyone was going to get upset because nathan wooped them pretty good.

awesome!! glad to see he's having fun :)

Thats cool!!! I want to get one of my kids involved in something like this... we'll see. Did you build the go-cart or buy one already done?

the hard part will be getting him to understand street driving and track driving are 2 different things when he's 16. it was hard for me at that age.

the hard part will be getting him to understand street driving and track driving are 2 different things when he's 16. it was hard for me at that age.

True dat.

Oh, and you should see that kid wheel a Nylint. :laugh:

Thats cool!!! I want to get one of my kids involved in something like this... we'll see. Did you build the go-cart or buy one already done?

It was a used one that had been sitting in the loft of a guys garage when his son out grew it. we had to modify the frame to get the new style motor in and the down tubes in the back. It's pretty old it doesn't have any front shocks and the rears are from a mini bike. I was going to redo the front with shocks this year and then build a new chassis this winter, but since he did so well I'm in now hurry to change anything at this point. We have a build book that we have to follow and they have very specific rules about the whole car.

Congratulations, Nathan! way to go....whoopin' everyone's butt your first time out. good luck with the rest of the season. We'll miss ya at NACFEST.

Back