• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Protecting cut and folded quarter panels

Hanson's bumpers are very sweet, I have his front bumper. Lots o' luck getting him to build you a rear though. For a very comparable rear bumper, check out BPIfab.com. I've been over to look at his bumpers and they are equally as nice.
Crunch

I don't have any pics of the panal being cut & folded. Honestly my sides & lower quarters were really trashed so pretty work on them wasn't needed. The side panal's & bumper protection were more for beautification rather than protection. There's nothing left under those panals to protect!

The reciever hitch pin is accessed from behind (underneath) the bumper. It's not very convenient, but the added clearance is more important to me. The bulk head did not need to be cut at all. The reciever tube does not extend any furthar than the top plate of the bumper.

Matt

freerider,

did you have to weld a new seam in your wheel well? if you cut that far do you have any tips or pictures?

FarmerMatt said:
I don't have any pics of the panal being cut & folded. Honestly my sides & lower quarters were really trashed so pretty work on them wasn't needed. The side panal's & bumper protection were more for beautification rather than protection. There's nothing left under those panals to protect!

The reciever hitch pin is accessed from behind (underneath) the bumper. It's not very convenient, but the added clearance is more important to me. The bulk head did not need to be cut at all. The reciever tube does not extend any furthar than the top plate of the bumper.

Matt

Matt, is that bumper not closed off on the back?
Billy

twcguy said:
I am still wondering if you have to reweld after cutting. Anyone know? :banghead:

Josh

I guess you can rivett, but I welded mine. You will definitely want seal it up.

DSCF0048.JPG

DSCF0040.JPG

Back