• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proliance Heat Buster Radiator

100% relative humidty? Cause that is HOT.... I know I know. Dry heat is still heat, but that damn humidity makes a HUGE difference. Especially in a clustered armpit city like Atlanta.

~James

x2 on the humidity...I know NW Ohio, what do you know about heat? But when winter hits double digits BELOW zero and a few months later you're in the mid-90's with 80%+ humidity it makes it FEEL very miserable. I passed on the heatbuster and went with a stock replacement and have been running 210-225 with no problems so far.

Weird. I just got one of these

1996 JEEP CHEROKEE SPORT 4.0L 242cid L6 MFI (S)
PROLIANCE 436020
Radiator $ 152.89 $ 0.00 1 $ 152.89
Shipping Ground (FedEx or UPS) $ 14.25
Order Total $ 167.14

It was the full copper/brass setup, identical to the one I pulled out (except cleaner). My xj is listed as having "Heavy Duty Engine Cooling".
It keeps it a shade below 210 ALL the time in 103 degree heat.

Jeepowner: Did you get yours from Rockauto also?

X2 on Georgia's humidity being worse than AZ's 110 degrees. I went thru basic at Benning and guys would pass out while walking from the heat. Phoenix in the summer didn't seem that bad.

completeradiators.com sells a heatbuster extreme service model for under $200

i've been running it for over a year now and its great, 2 large rows, brass, all metal construction....i could definitely tell a difference between the this one and the stock unit

Phoenix in the summer isn't that bad till around july. This is when we have our monsoon rains and we hit close to 120* with 50- 65% humidity. We haven't seen 120* for 6 years or so tho. Must be the global warming. :)

Jeepowner: Did you get yours from Rockauto also?

X2 on Georgia's humidity being worse than AZ's 110 degrees. I went thru basic at Benning and guys would pass out while walking from the heat. Phoenix in the summer didn't seem that bad.

436020-01-lg.jpg

Rock Auto is currently selling this radiator:
PROLIANCE Part # 436020 {#1193}
LH Drive; Heatbuster Extreme Service model
$168.79

Does anyone have any experience with this specific radiator?
I bought it last week and also found that my local kragen's/oriely has it for $280.

even cheaper now, around 150

100% relative humidty? Cause that is HOT.... I know I know. Dry heat is still heat, but that damn humidity makes a HUGE difference. Especially in a clustered armpit city like Atlanta.

~James

Humidity in respect to engine cooling can be a two edged sward. If you run the AC then the added humidity load is a factor, versus no AC. High humidity air will cool the radiator and condenser beter, collect more heat, than dry air, so when there is no AC load, the dry air is harder on the cooling system than the wet air. With the AC load added, at the same temps, the humid air will add more overall load and heat to cooling system than dry air.

Weird. I just got one of these

1996 JEEP CHEROKEE SPORT 4.0L 242cid L6 MFI (S)
PROLIANCE 436020
Radiator $ 152.89 $ 0.00 1 $ 152.89
Shipping Ground (FedEx or UPS) $ 14.25
Order Total $ 167.14

It was the full copper/brass setup, identical to the one I pulled out (except cleaner). My xj is listed as having "Heavy Duty Engine Cooling".
It keeps it a shade below 210 ALL the time in 103 degree heat.

Do you run your AC?

Phoenix in the summer isn't that bad till around july. This is when we have our monsoon rains and we hit close to 120* with 50- 65% humidity. We haven't seen 120* for 6 years or so tho. Must be the global warming. :)

It just moved to Houston is all. We are definitely feeling major global warming effects here, non stop steady increases in sea level, rain, and heat, hurricanes, and flooding, for 20 years now.

Mother#*^$

Rockauto just sent me one of these and it's plastic/aluminum.

"This manufacturer reserves the right to change design and construction materials without notice. For example, a radiator listed as copper/brass may be supplied as plastic/aluminum, a radiator listed as 3 row may be supplied as a 2 row, or a radiator for a manual-transmission vehicle may be supplied with oil cooler fittings (which are unnecessary for a manual transmission but allow the same part number to be used for both manual and automatic vehicles). Regardless of design, the manufacturer offers the same warranty and the same assurance that the part will fit the vehicle application listed and perform as well or better than original equipment"

That's shady. All metal or metal + plastic and 2 row vs. 3 row are MUCH different than a design change!!!!!!!!!!!! That's an entirely different part!!!!

That's shady. All metal or metal + plastic and 2 row vs. 3 row are MUCH different than a design change!!!!!!!!!!!! That's an entirely different part!!!!

Thats what happens when you have too little regulatory oversight (some kind of market place watchdogs), and too much creative marketing with little or no repercusions for fast buck artists screwing over consumers.

Radiatorbarn.com, has the 3 row CSF, all brass/copper, brass tanks, for $180.

If he has any left, one of our sponsors, Dirk at DGF? has them too for about the same price.

Don't the right hand drives use the same radiator as the left hand drives? From what I have seen everything is mounted in the same spot except they have long lines from the power steering pump across the top of the accessory pullies to the steering box!

Just picked up this radiator, Proliance 436020 Radiator, for $93.94 shipped from Amazon. Who'da thunk? Actually the supplier is PartsFactor. Landed in three days and looks good. Three row copper and brass. Almost worth it to buy a couple and resell(probably net about $75 each on a resell), or have an extra on hand since the price is about half what anyone else is selling them for.

Last edited:
Just picked up this radiator, Proliance 436020 Radiator, for $93.94 shipped from Amazon. Who'da thunk? Actually the supplier is PartsFactor. Landed in three days and looks good. Three row copper and brass. Almost worth it to buy a couple and resell(probably net about $75 each on a resell), or have an extra on hand since the price is about half what anyone else is selling them for.

Sorry to disappoint you, but they lie about it being 3 rows. It is only two rows. They make the 2 rows wider, and cheat and call it a three row. But the price was certainly alright. Is there anything Amazon has not gotten into selling?

Back