• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

Just ordered 2 Adams Extreme duty Driveshafts. $618.51

$9,672

Holy jesus. What about the driveshafts you had in there? I actually just called around today and can get them lengthened/shortened for about $250 total for both.

Holy jesus. What about the driveshafts you had in there? I actually just called around today and can get them lengthened/shortened for about $250 total for both.

Well I installed a SYE so I needed a new rear. No way I'm trusting the stock driveshaft with the amount of torque. I'm doing their extreme duty driveshaft

So I tried to start it tonight.....

- My cheap fuel rails that came with the manifold are leaking, need to order decent LS rails
- I can't get it to idle. It would pop a few times, but wouldn't actually start. I grabbed the coil wire from the XJ to power the GM distribution center but I don't think it's powerful enough. I'll have to run a larger amount of power from a relay.

Mine took a few cranks to start too and ran like crap the first 2 times I started it. The computer has to sort some stuff out on the first couple starts

So I tried to start it tonight.....

- My cheap fuel rails that came with the manifold are leaking, need to order decent LS rails
- I can't get it to idle. It would pop a few times, but wouldn't actually start. I grabbed the coil wire from the XJ to power the GM distribution center but I don't think it's powerful enough. I'll have to run a larger amount of power from a relay.

I highly recommend the FAST LS fuel rails. CNC machined aluminum and just all round good product/company. A wee bit pricey, but worth the money for the quality.

FST-30454_ml.jpg

I highly recommend the FAST LS fuel rails. CNC machined aluminum and just all round good product/company. A wee bit pricey, but worth the money for the quality.

FST-30454_ml.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation. I'd love to get some fuel rails without pipe threads....I cant find any.

I'm going to try and adding some teflon tape to them first to see if that prevents them from leaking.

Oh, I'm getting codes: Need to look into the APP system first, that may be why its not holding idle.
P1125 (Accelerator Pedal Position System)
P2125 (Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 Circuit)

P0452 (fuel tank pressure sensor not hooked up)
P0053,54,55,56 (O2 Sensors arent hooked up)

I tried to get it started for a while. It's getting a couple of pedal trouble codes so that may have something to do with it.
I loved going from an '87 4.0 to a full OBD 2 engine, soooo much easier to diagnose! That is the untold benefit of the 5.3. They are so easy to diagnose and fix.

I once had an issue on the trail, pulled the code, did some research on my phone (still in cell range) and fixed the problem. Would have taken me 3 times longer to figure if i still had the Renix in there.

Also, the TAC Module MUST be powered up after the ECU otherwise you may get TPS codes and rough idle (I guess its a problem with re-coded ECU's and engine swaps). I read somewhere on Novaks website on how to correct it, I will see if I can dig it up.

I am having the same issue right now also, so it may not be the pedal. Mine is cable driven.

Do you have the brake circuit input to the pcm? I know a couple of PCMs have been finicky about that according to the Internet.

Back