• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "WRONGSIDE"

I meant the temperature. I've never had mine that fast either.

So just to update this. I have installed the new front bumper caps and airdam, rear factory tint quarter glass, and I have decided to get TJ MOABs to replace the Ravines. Once I get the title from Brennen, I'm going to order up the floorpan and drive it somewhere to have it welded in. It looks like I'll also be getting a full set of 2000 Limited seats from altrocker (Craig) instead of doing WJ seats. Pics to come!

Thanks Tim, it looks better with the MOABs. I'll get a pic later today :)

Haha, no more of a troller than you Flex ;)

Call me Minn Kota.....:D

Here's a picture with my "new to me" TJ Moabs and 265 75 16s that are way too big (going to get 245 70s ASAP!)

I now have the title in hand and am going to register it tomorrow so I can start driving this puppy. I might have some mallcrawlin shots soon :D

On a side note, I believe it has a rebuilt engine in it. There is a lot of black paint on the block that should not still be there if it was the original engine and it runs so quiet I think it has to be.

Last edited:
On a side note, I believe it has a rebuilt engine in it. There is a lot of black paint on the block that should not still be there if it was the original engine and it runs so quiet I think it has to be.

To my knowledge, that's the original. But yes, there's a ton of things that make no sense about it...

Well I have been driving this beauty off and on for about a week now. Put around 100 miles on it and it's doing quite well. I got the floor pan tacked in, got a new headliner with overhead console and all of the headliner trim that was missing.

In the time I've driven it I have only found two things that need to be addressed. One of the AC hoses has a leak in the rubber and they are much, much different than LHD hoses. It occasionally overheats and I have not figured out the cause yet.

It has been 95+ degrees here the whole time I've had it running so that +overheating+no air doesn't equal for a great time, but it is one hell of a fun ride. I absolutely love it!

If anyone is ever in the Des Moines area and wants to go for a cruise, let me know.

More pictures after I get rear flares and caps installed.

-Collin

I thought I would post this picture in case anyone wondered what underhood of a RHD looked like.

The most notable differences are that the AC Compressor is bottom right, the alternator is top left, brake booster on the wrong side, etc. The power steering and air conditioning lines being twice as long is the worst part because they are both leaking. It is interesting to see under the hood of a RHD when I've been used to working on LHDs all these years.

I am going to attempt to add cruise control to it, but there is definitely no room for the LHD servo, and the vac lines are on the other side, so I need to find underhood pics of a RHD that has cruise if anyone stumbles across one :D

Thing is off-road prime!! Already has a top mounted alternator!!

Keep the updates flowing, Collin!

Thing is off-road prime!! Already has a top mounted alternator!!

Keep the updates flowing, Collin!
Haha, it's not going to get offroaded, but it may come to Winterfest as a novelty ;)

get people hammered and take them for a ride..it will blow their minds riding on that side :D

McClures has a RHD 95 in the lot, not sure if any parts would interchange over to yours or not.

or you should get a fake steering wheel and have the person in the passenger seat periodically wave it out the window and pretend it fell off...

Back