• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "WRONGSIDE"

You're right, I have never posted a picture of you.

Still haven't done much else to this but tonight I gave it a small improvement. It had a rubber steering wheel originally since it's an SE and I decided to try something different rather than a stock replacement. I got a steering wheel from a 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland. I had to pair this with an airbag from a 1999 WJ to make it work because in 2002 they started having (2) airbag connectors rather than (1).

This is a mod I highly recommend. The airbag connector is the same, so it's just the horn and cruise connectors that have to be swapped.

More to come soon!

Last edited:
Re: Re: Project "WRONGSIDE"

Still haven't done much else to this but tonight I gave it a small improvement. It had a rubber steering wheel originally since it's an SE and I decided to try something different rather than a stock replacement. I got a steering wheel from a 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland. I had to pair this with an airbag from a 1999 WJ to make it work because in 2002 they started having (2) airbag connectors rather than (1).

This is a mod I highly recommend. The airbag connector is the same, so it's just the horn and cruise connectors that have to be swapped.

More to come soon!

I'm watching. :eyes:

Yeah, I'm guessing there's a lot of folks who'd like to know what exactly it takes to put a later WJ/TJ wheel into an XJ. I have a crappy cover on mine, due to the leather wrap being disgusting and falling apart.

Yeah, I'm guessing there's a lot of folks who'd like to know what exactly it takes to put a later WJ/TJ wheel into an XJ. I have a crappy cover on mine, due to the leather wrap being disgusting and falling apart.
Well this Jeep didn't have cruise, so I haven't tackled that yet, but the airbag connection is the same as long as you use a 2001 or older WJ airbag in conjunction with the wheel. The horn has just a single wire connector that has to be swapped.

That's a steering wheel I could get behind. Much better than chain link ;)

It's been a while since I've updated this thread. I have been working on Righty again because it is coming to Winterfest this year :D. Big Yellow is down for repairs and this is my only other running XJ at the moment so I figure I might as well bounce it off some trees.

It is now sporting 16" Liberty Renegade ICONs and tonight I got the factory tinted windows put in the rear doors. It now has tinted rear doors and quarters but the back window is still clear. That will get addressed ASAP.

I ditched the cloth seats for a set of black leather out of a 2000 Limited from Craig (altrocker).

It's coming together but I've got a lot of work to do on it before Winterfest so I will be posting updates and pictures soon!

Last edited:
Back