• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

project survived a tornado but its got to go

grindudown

NAXJA Forum User
so i'll start off with a little back story. i bought this middle of winter 09-10 with hopes of getting a nice rig out of it. it was kind of just a toy from the guy i got it from and i treated it the same when i got it. its had maybe 300miles put on ut since i bought it then and those are all from just driving from the house to stony lonesome and other spots very near by. if i recall its got 220k+ miles on the chasis. when i bought it the guy said the motor had recently been went through and worked over. i played with it until this past fall and since then its sat with hopes of getting it in better condition and trying to save up to just do everything at once. most the interior is stripped out does still have everything except carpet in truck just not in place. when i left it to sit over winter i threw the tires that came on it back on so its sitting on a bastard lift probably 4 1/2 all around and 33in buckshot that have some dry rot lol. reason im selling is because i have to get everything moved away from the house so it can be bulldozed then rebuilt it took a direct hit from a 1/2mi wide ef4 tornado (cullman,al) on 4-27. amazingly everything around this damn jeep was either completely leveled or very heavily damaged. as far as i can tell the jeep is exactly how it was left no damage from the storm at all. so someone make an offer and come take this off my hands. it will have to be towed. i'll post pictures of it as it sits now as soon as i get a chance. would also consider trades for anything useful. im sure i've left out useful info so if theres anything else you want to know just shoot me an email [email protected] thanks

Last edited:
ok had a few minutes to run by the house and snap a few pics...
2011-05-05_11-04-46_327.jpg

2011-05-05_11-03-07_400.jpg

2011-05-05_11-02-24_460.jpg

2011-05-05_11-02-04_124.jpg

2011-05-05_11-01-46_409.jpg

2011-05-05_11-01-29_514.jpg

2011-05-05_11-01-01_345.jpg

so yeah the jeep got kind of lucky i did realize looking at it today it got moved a few feet by the storm and that was about it.. oh and i remembered the last time i drove it wasnt last fall it was this past winter 2 days during the little snow/ice storm we had it also went wheeling at stony lonesome that 2nd day. other than that there she sits. so someone come and get it before i have to take it to the crusher because i officially have nothing i can do with it now, ive got no where to store it and alot bigger problems now besides getting it up and going how i'd like it. and i will seriously consider any offer trades also (cheap 4wheeler, decent bow, any firearms, or a not so crappy DSLR would be awesome) thanks guys and hopefully everyone else made it through this crazy mess.

Last edited:
That's amazing. Literally everything around the Jeep is destroyed. The PT looks like an I-beam fell on it, and the Jeep remains unharmed.

Best of luck with the sale, but more importantly, I wish you all the best on recovering from the storm as quick as possible.

Am I missing a price?

I JUST got on here for the first time since the tornado cause we dont have internet and Im down at Berkeley Bobs coffee shop using their wifi.

Dude, first off a few things:

1. I live in Cullman too (right up 278 from the Cullman times) and I didnt know anyone on here lived in county

2. My parents house (where I currently reside) got HAMMERED by the storm. 8 of the 10 houses on the block will be demolished. We will still be standing and so will our neighbor.

3. My extremely cherry Comanche doesnt have a straight panel on it anymore and all the glass is either deeply scratched from shingles etc hitting it or broken (windshield).

It good to see yours made it through the storm. If you want to store it at MY (not the parents) house that Im working on, you are more than welcome. My property is out on Lake Catoma on CoRd 1467 and if you can get it there and want to keep it as opposed toi sell it, its welcome to stay as long as you need.

If you dont want to keep it, does it run/move still? If so, does it just need tires to get the thing moved or does it really need to be towed? If you want to get rid of it, and would be interested in a PSE Viper Rattler crossbow, then let me know.

Edit: Im going to PM you my phone number and also shoot you an email with all this copy/pasted.

Last edited:
Back