• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Rudolph

No problem. I hate to say it but it is a rugged ridge sye. Its kind of a toss up. They have seal issues..machining issues.

Yea....if this one gives me problems again im probably going to buy a different one! Are the AA ones good?

I run the AA and so does my brother and few others I recommended them to. No problems. The RR ones were a cheaper alternative and do work. It just becomes what you pay for sadly. The one you have will work fine

Ok so I think I decided im going with KM2s in 33x12.5 on 15in rim

After tires Im going to put an OX locker on the HP D30 up front.

Ill keep ya guys updated!

sounds like a legit plan. nice dude

I'm not a fan of km2s personally.. pricier than better tires and they have weak sidewalls.

Good choice on selectable locker though I suppose

What tire would you recommend? Im totally open to suggestions. One of the other options i looked into was Kevlars.

Kevlars for sure. Shop around tire rack had the best price.. But discount tire matched it and threw in another $25 visa gift card. And I think Goodyear gives you an $80 or $60 one right now if you buy 4.

kevlars > km2's regardless of $ one way or the other.
better yet, i prefer my pitbull rockers. pure beef!

The Kevlars are the way to go. Lots or people run them, and they take a beating.

Kevlars for sure. Shop around tire rack had the best price.. But discount tire matched it and threw in another $25 visa gift card. And I think Goodyear gives you an $80 or $60 one right now if you buy 4.

The Kevlars are the way to go. Lots or people run them, and they take a beating.

What tire would you recommend? Im totally open to suggestions. One of the other options i looked into was Kevlars.

Dang so far 3 for kevlar 0 for km2s!!! We will see where this ends up but im liking the kevlars more and more every day!

I have the iro long arms too. Carry an extra bolt for the upper axle end control arm bushing, get one that is 1/2" longer so you can add a second nut to it. The one in the kit seems to back out easily. Same goes for the carriage bolts on the castor adjustment "taco". Also if you need to replace the bolt the easiest way to get it in and out is to drop the arm at the crossmember to give it wiggle room.

Anybody looked into the Nitto trail grapplers? been hearing a lot of good stuff about them lately. Personally my KM2's have worked great for me through Rubicon, Fordyce etc without one failure in 5 years. I do run 37's which are load range D so a little thicker side wall.

Last edited:
Mtr-k are amazing tires, better than km2 for sure. Never been impressed with Nitto tires.

I have the iro long arms too. Carry an extra bolt for the upper axle end control arm bushing, get one that is 1/2" longer so you can add a second nut to it. The one in the kit seems to back out easily. Same goes for the carriage bolts on the castor adjustment "taco". Also if you need to replace the bolt the easiest way to get it in and out is to drop the arm at the crossmember to give it wiggle room.

Thanks for the advice!! Will do!

Mtr-k are amazing tires, better than km2 for sure. Never been impressed with Nitto tires.

Do you guys daily your kevlars? Because my jeep is going to be a daily/weekend warrior in the winter and a dedicated trail rig in the summer....its just i only have money for one set of tires :(

I daily my mtr's. 70 to 75mph seems to be the sweet spot as far as my jeep is concerned. I rotate regularly and they are wearing well

They Balance Well And Are Really Smooth On The Road.

I Drove Mine To So Cal A Few Times At 75Mph. They Always Ran great

Yup I drive 35s hell I've gone 90+ with them. Mine have 15k on them and have worn about 4-5/32 I don't know what's scarier .. gnarly obstacles or a jeep at 70+..

I daily my mtr's. 70 to 75mph seems to be the sweet spot as far as my jeep is concerned. I rotate regularly and they are wearing well

Alright cool! Also, what about stoping when its wet? I know some people have issues with that but I usually try to get on the brakes well before the last second. But incase of emergency, do they stop decently when its wet?

Back