• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "Not a Racist"

XJ&CHZ4ME

NAXJA Forum User
Well...just in time to start on another rig for WF....Found this "gem" on CL and long story short, it has some problem...It may need a flywheel or a TC and it may be a fuel pump, or a CPS, or maybe a netral safety switch, or a muffler bearing. I am picking it up this weekend and will have about $250 in it to get home. Since I have a few parts off the 98 I just parted, I should be able to get it running again...I hope. If not , I can part it and scrap the rest for a small profit.

Plans are to cut out rusty rockers and do 2x6 replacement, a CHZ bumper, a 4.5" or less lift and some 32's. All for under $1200 total investment not counting my labor.

Camille is super excited......not really.

XJ_zps5d4e7beb.jpg

Cheese "its white too...but I am not racist" Man

probably be more fun NOT to do all that, get it running, weld front and rear and let the rocker clearance themselve at wf, then jump it til it folds like a taco.

weld diffs, cut fenders for 33's and leave the suspension stock!

probably be more fun NOT to do all that, get it running, weld front and rear and let the rocker clearance themselve at wf, then jump it til it folds like a taco.

the blumpkin was the most fun I've had wheeling in a long time.

hmmmm, I like where this might be going. Strip off the front clip n sell, put on tow brackets, strip out tail lights and other sellable parts, weld diffs, cut open rear fenders, put on some rough tread tires and beat the piss out of it at WF and then sell for scarp locally so I dont have to haul home on trailer for 7 hours.....

can we have a distance jumped category at WF? :D

I ned to look for an American flag motorcycle helmet.

Cheese "making it fun again" Man

hmmmm, I like where this might be going. Strip off the front clip n sell, put on tow brackets, strip out tail lights and other sellable parts, weld diffs, cut open rear fenders, put on some rough tread tires and beat the piss out of it at WF and then sell for scarp locally so I dont have to haul home on trailer for 7 hours.....

the blumpkin was just that.
a beater XJ wit hwelded axles that had different gears in them and mismatched tires to keep the t-case from blowing up.
The vise grips on the ignition was just pure class.

it was the most fun I'd had wheeling since ugly truck was in it's prime.

this.
the more work you do to it the more you start getting away from that once a year flip you got going on.

you could even drive it out there, wheel it, trash it, scrap it, then fly home. no tow rig:cool:

I would consider that if it was not @ 7 hours out there...not sure if it would make it, or if I could stand to sit in an XJ that long :D

Cheese "like to ride comfy!" Man

My roommate needs a white header panel...

I will check overall condition of things this weekend once I pick it up. That will dictate what I want to do with it. Sean and I have a little wager going on...so it wll likely be stripped down to the bare necessities.

Cheese "air time" Man

Back