• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Frostbite

Nice! Looks Great KP! I guess I'm about to try and learn to spray some fenders and header panel. Local shop wants $600 to do it! WHAT!!!??? How much paint did it take to do 5 base coats? What type of paint do you use?

Nice! Looks Great KP! I guess I'm about to try and learn to spray some fenders and header panel. Local shop wants $600 to do it! WHAT!!!??? How much paint did it take to do 5 base coats? What type of paint do you use?
it took about 3/4 of a gallon to do 5 coats, I used Nason paint and SEM clear available from my local small parts store

it took about 3/4 of a gallon to do 5 coats, I used Nason paint and SEM clear available from my local small parts store

Thanks for the info. I know nothing about paint. I start seeing things about reducer and hardener and my head starts to hurt..... :dunce:

dakota tank fits well.

I will remember that for the future.

where did your replacement carpet come from?

dakota tank fits well.

I will remember that for the future.

where did your replacement carpet come from?

same XJ, just cut about 10" off the back with EMS scissors once I had it laid in place, fits nice

sweet. I considered ordering new XJ carpet, but didn't know if it would fit into the seat wells properly.

been getting it all back together slow and steady now

got my new valve cover decal in thanks to Lowrange2 :)
a>

cut down an XJ OHC and made a mini
a>

lengthened the XJ tail light harness on each side to reach the rear of the bed and made the holes larger on the MJ tail light to accommodate the XJ bulb sockets
a>

a>

got new front windshield installed and used rear slider from JY, also got the exhaust tail pipe welded in place and dropped the rear driveshaft off locally to be lengthened for 8.8 and sye

a>

a>

installed the JCR bumper from the XJ
a>

What is the plan for the XJ if you are pulling parts off of it for this project?

Looking good KP!

He told me he was tired of fooling with it.

Said he was going to part out what was left after he scavenged it for parts for the MJ and going to crush the rest.

He told me he was tired of fooling with it.

Said he was going to part out what was left after he scavenged it for parts for the MJ and going to crush the rest.

I call BS. Kris doesn't even scrap non-running Jeeps, let alone running ones!! :clap:

Idk, you did see the white Jeep on the first page of this thread, didn't you? He was the guy cutting it in half... It had one little ding in it. lol

Back