• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "Dirt Cheep XJ II" begins.........

LOL--been too busy doing other stuff. It still looks like that, except the front tires are aired up and it's in my driveway now. I wired up the brakes and breakaway back-up battery on my trailer this weekend. Now I figured out that the XJ's going to be too wide for it with the new wheels and tires. :gag: Looks like I'll have to leave the stock wheels on it for transporting on the trailer and just put the real wheels on it when I get to the trails or campgrounds. I guess I'll widen the deck later on. I'll start working on the XJ's suspension next weekend :yelclap:

Last edited:
Before:
000_0125.jpg

No pics today. Too tired to think of it :wierd:

Did get the rear suspension and rear axle in. Cut the front lower control arm mounts off and cleaned & painted that area. Got the long arm mounts and crossmember bolted most of the way in. I hope to get it all done before Monday night. Just have so many other things taking up precious "work" time on it:rattle:

It's probably evident that I'm working at a very leasurely pace here... :D

No pics again today, but I got the x-member completely bolted in, along with the outer pieces that tie the outer pinch weld seams under the doors to the "frame rails". Lots of drilling with this kit! It'll all be worth it in the long run though. Probably won't get anything done on it tomorrow. It's Memorial Day, and I'm gonna take a break! :D Then it's back to work on it Tuesday morning!

Well, I got it sitting back down on all fours Sunday afternoon. The rear sits about 2-3" higher than the front does. I know that the leaves are supposed to settle down a little, but seriously...are they gonna settle THAT much? Thinking of getting a set of ACOS when the money allows.....

Will post pics tomorrow:cheers:

Back