• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project CRD MJ is born:

If he came to his senses he would sell it to me.

Who knows, I might. If I end up not liking the stance with an extra 2.5" of tire on either side then I will probably sell it.

At a tidy profit though. =)

Get a JK rear and all is fine.

With OEM style offsets you will barely notice the additional width. Do some searching at Jeepforum, Jeeps Unlimited, MallCraawlin.

Not going to spend the money on a JK rear when I have a 8.8 with new brakes, 4.10s, and limited slip in my driveway right now.

Right now the main determining factor is if I can get some 5x4.5 hubs in there, if I can, then I will probably move forward with this axle. If I have to run adapters then I think it will just wind up too wide.

Not going to spend the money on a JK rear when I have a 8.8 with new brakes, 4.10s, and limited slip in my driveway right now.

Right now the main determining factor is if I can get some 5x4.5 hubs in there, if I can, then I will probably move forward with this axle. If I have to run adapters then I think it will just wind up too wide.

I don't know if you can get the 5 on 4.5" hub assemblies on. I have heard that there are Mopar part numbers for 5 on 5.5" conversion to match the Mopar Dana 60 (hey - do that!).

Put lug adapters on the 8.8 maybe, that'll add 2"-3" of width depending on whose adapters you use.

I don't know if you can get the 5 on 4.5" hub assemblies on. I have heard that there are Mopar part numbers for 5 on 5.5" conversion to match the Mopar Dana 60 (hey - do that!).

Put lug adapters on the 8.8 maybe, that'll add 2"-3" of width depending on whose adapters you use.

If I wanted to run JK moabs then lug adapters for the rear would be a good choice, give me the increased width and the right bolt pattern. This is probably a very good choice for most people who would be in my situation.

Thing is, I want to keep the 5x4.5 so I can use my silverstar wheels, thats pretty much a deal breaker for me. Which means I pretty much need to figure a way to get this axle to natively bolt up for 5x4.5.

I'm going to try, worst case scenario I waste some time and I resell the parts for a tidy profit.

If I wanted to run JK moabs then lug adapters for the rear would be a good choice, give me the increased width and the right bolt pattern. This is probably a very good choice for most people who would be in my situation.

Thing is, I want to keep the 5x4.5 so I can use my silverstar wheels, thats pretty much a deal breaker for me. Which means I pretty much need to figure a way to get this axle to natively bolt up for 5x4.5.

I'm going to try, worst case scenario I waste some time and I resell the parts for a tidy profit.

FYI, Spidertrax makes a 5 on 5 to 5 on 4.5 and vice versa...........:thumbup:

FYI, Spidertrax makes a 5 on 5 to 5 on 4.5 and vice versa...........:thumbup:

Ya the problem is those are all going to be too thick really.

spidertrax spacers would put it at almost 8 inches wider than stock. Thats just too much for what I have planned. Right now at 5" its just barely acceptable.

Oh ya, and because this is a high pinion axle theres a good chance that it just wont clear my oil pan anyways, which might mean I would have to resell it for a tidy profit.

I like it so far... not into the 2500 frontend, but if everyone thought like me I'd get bored and try to do something different... of course that wouldn't happen since everyone would be thinking like me...

anyway, I'd stay away from frams... I had one fail in my 74 Javelin 360. Going from 30psi to 0psi INSTANTLY is not good!!! I thought the gauge was bad, but I ended up just replacing the filter with something else (Baldwin, Hastings, Fleetguard (Cummins), or Napa...) running it I got 35 psi.

Keep in mind too, since that is a rubicon axle, it has 30 spline outers. Take them off, and see if there is enough meat to re drill the hubs and rotors to 5 on 4.5.

LOL... 3x on the "tidy profit"... pimpin DJ brings the funnay.:jester:

Looks good man, looking foward to more of the diesel tech when you get there...

don't be so stuck to the silverstar wheels...

Get adapters for the 8.8 and be done with it.

Dude you got no idea how much I love these silverstars, I'm even considering having them widened to 8.5" or 9" to run on my Nissan.

It all started with my first Freedom that I bought when it was just a year old with 22k miles on it for $4700: (drove it for awhile then sold for profit)

P8310258.JPG

Then some years later I got that grey freedom and drove it for awhile then once again sold for profit:
libby132.jpg

But before that was sold I bought a CRD and had to get rid of the stock wheels:
libby271.jpg

And then now I have my current Freedom:
yellow35.jpg

Plus the 10 other silverstars I have here. I don't think anyone quite realizes my level of fanaticism here.

I think they have a pill for that now.

;)

odd and demented, but we'll forgive you if you provide us with enough CRD tech... :yelclap:

holy crap dude, I think you might want to seek some help for your silverstar issues ;) just playin anyhow, I am thinking maybe you could re-drill the JK axles to fit the 4.5 bolt pattern.
good luck.
NOW GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!!! I am waiting on progress

Hey nothing wrong with liking a set of rims... at least you know you can get those rims fairly easy, and way cheaper than most aftermarket rims everyone else wants... I am currently stuck on wanting to get myself some Rubicon Moab rims.... that is the Jeep rims I am stuck on... not quite as much as you are with the Silverstars though... Def. subscribing to this thread, this build is going great, and can't wait to see how it continues... I wish we had the JY availability you seem to have here... I am going to have to check out a few that I have found lately, and see what they have for parts...

Back