• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problem with rear discs-loose calipers

bknudtsen

NAXJA Forum User
Ever since I swapped the rear discs on they have been making a lot of noise. Mostly it's a chatter type sound. I took a look at them today and found that I could wiggle the caliper back and forth. I checked the caliper mounting bolts and they were tight, so I assumed it was a problem with the pins that the cailper floats on.

Any ideas what would cause this?

Thanks,

Brad

I should add that it only chatters under light braking.

Last edited:
Not sure what you're asking but the calipers will "wiggle" back and forth as they are floating calipers. Make sure that the pins they float on are greased really well and that the boot that goes over them is not rotted or cracked.

WobblesXJ said:
Not sure what you're asking but the calipers will "wiggle" back and forth as they are floating calipers. Make sure that the pins they float on are greased really well and that the boot that goes over them is not rotted or cracked.

Thanks,

Maybe I can explain better. I realize that they move along the pin, but they also jiggle on the pin. It's like the pin is too small in diameter. Does that make more sense?

Brad

Back