• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp All Terrains

jlmxj49

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody here running this tire? I'm looking at them in a 30x9.50. I was just wondering about tread life and road noise?

The're o.k. for a street tire. I had them on my Ram 2500 and they went about 45000 miles with minimal rotations. They don't have the best traction in mud an snow, but they aren't the worst tires I've had.

well im running Pro comps Xtreme-mud terrain tires and have been basically since they hit the market...and even those tires are very quiet on the highway and dont appear to be wearing out at all and ive put several thousand km's on them....so one would assume pro comps all-terrains would be even better. a friend has them on his truck and says they're pretty good on road...not amazing in the snow or mud but still good... got em for a lot cheaper than BFG's too :thumbup:

i ran 30 9.50 for a long time
i had no road nose, and had to give them to my mom for her jeep cuz they never went down in life ... and i wanted biger tires
but i had
ppp.jpg

and the bfg 30 9.50 has a little road noise but not too much
it all has to do with the gap in the nobs on th out side of the tire, if your finger fits in between then you will have a little little nosie but if its 1 1/2 or two your gunna hmmmmmmmmmm......

-96JeepSpeed- said:
Go with a BGF AT. There like 120bucks.

dont get AT's
they suck on every thing even flat dirt, get some thing like
ppp.jpg

get a wild country, really nice to look at, nice on the road, gr8 life, and i went every where my buddys went and they all have 33inch bfg's, buck shots. they hummmed and i didnt with the 30's

Yes the Wild Country's look great but there is only one place around where I live that sells them. At least that I know of and they don't have them. They said they had been having trouble getting Wild Country tires. I checked online at one place and they told me $149 each shipped. I can buy Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTX or BF Goodrich cheaper than that. I've been looking at some other brands too.

Toyo Open Country AT
General Grabber AT2
Sport King
Kumho Venturer KL78

I run them in the 33x12.5 flavor. They are quiet enough on the road that I can't hear them over the wind at highway speeds. Tread life is exceptional too. I'm at 30K or so and they still have 60-70% tread left.

I doubt you care about snow considering your location but just in case I've never gotten stuck and that includes the 2-3' snow dumps we got last year here in Denver. I drove them through similar storms in the mountains. I've run mid level trails out here in CO, lots of rocks, occasional wet rocks and no issues. I didn't get stuck but neither did the guys running BFG AT's.

I'd guess mud is more a concern for you, and like any AT they'll turn into rollerballs but if noise and tread life are your major concerns I don't think you'll be disapointed.

Back