• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Print Shop help...

Jon. I hear your frustration. I visited SF a few years ago. In the area we visited, Everyone converted their garage into extra living space and everyone parked on the street. Parking was a nightmare as it was 1st come... They had the city put time limits on parking, this generally meant that you had to get up at 6am to move your car so it would not get towed.

I agree with everyone who has posted. Public parking is, well, public. You don't own it or have claim on it. Their only recourse is to petition the City to designate a handicap spot or to limit parking hours. Not great solutions.

How about if they improve their lot to allow them to park off the street.
The driveway would only need to be 1 car long.

-Ron

1) Do not get me started on parking in San Francisco - especially the Financial District! (I'm thinking its only real improvement would be a couple of medium-yield neutron bombs.)

2) The City won't do anything, because they rent. They'd have to do it through the landlord, and don't get me started on that pudknocker, either...

3) See previous point.

That, and I'd have a problem with the idea of how I would be expected to expend money and/or effort because they can't provide enough staff parking. Alternatively, the school could pay for my driveway/parking slip, as it's because of them that I need it.

(Yeah, I'm seriously cranky. Mainly, because I'm tired of fixing and/or paying for the mistakes of others, while they get a pass for some asinine reason.)

Anyhow, forget I said anything. Apparently, squaring the circle is easier.

(And would be less frustrating than dealing with intransigent laziness.)

As someone who took a hard response to 5-90 sticker plan, I gotta say if this was a disabled spot, it would be 150% different. Parking in a handicapped spot is 150% not ok.

Permit parking is the devils gym sock, be careful what you wish for.

Yeah - kinda like the pinheads at the post office who take up the blue spots because "they're only going to be a minute," and don't even have a permit?

Guess what - I do, and there are days where I need that spot. Not every day, just the days where I want to take my right leg off at the hip.

Park in that spot without a permit, don't come crying to me when I can't get INTO the spot because you're lazy, and I make you wait for me to finish what I'm doing because I'm parked behind you. Next time, walk.

And be glad you are able to do so unassisted. If you'd like to require assistance, however, I'm quite willing to arrange it...

One solution would be to get a can of blue paint and paint the curb blue. I imagine at 82 years old, the lady is likely to be handicapped some way, a handicapped permit shouldn't be too hard to get. Kind of a do it yourself handicapped parking spot, I'd make it two cars long.

After two kids got hit on our street, a rider and horse got hit, numerous Cats got run over and my dog lost a leg, the city came out and put up a speed limit sign. People ignored it, a broad street, a straight shot for 1/2 mile, people in a hurry.

Me any my brother built a speed bump with Quickcrete. The city came out a month later and took it out. The next one we built, we drilled holes every couple of feet through the street and used rebar "U's" pounded down into the earth a couple of feet on the ends in every other hole, overlapping and used a five gallon bucket of concrete glue to anchor our new Pumice polypropylene fiber concrete speed bump with quick dry additive. It took the city three days to get that one up. The last one we put in, the city gave up. :)

Point is, paint is cheap and doesn't take long to apply with a roller, if the city comes out and paints over your handiwork, just use their paintover as a primer. :)

Back