• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Price on 35" MTR's?

Jeff, take a look at discounttiredirect.com (America's Tire on-line). They have fair prices with no shipping charges, tax, handling, etc...
Get yourself some beadlocks so you can eliminate mounting & balancing & you're good to go.
Paul

Nay said:
Stop buying sh$t at Walmart. You are lucky there are no Walmarts near you. Sounds like you live in a nice place.

Nay

While I would like to stop buying shit at Walmart, some of us don't have the F'n luxury not to.

I buy the stuff I can elsewhere (mom and pop's places) but when the nearest "Big City" is over an hour away (most about 3 hours from my door), sometimes Wallyworld is all there is.

Had someone tell me the Springs is now bigger than St Louis. Don't know if that's true but I know it's a hell of a lot bigger than Camdenton, MO.

I burns my A$$ when people keep condemning people for shopping at WalMart. Everyone I have seen bitching is from the city. Come to the sticks and try to find your [insert any damn thing you please] and see if you don't end up at Walmart more than you really like.

In our little corner of the world we are praying for a Super WM just so we can stop getting rapped by Kroger (Dillons, City Market, Gerbes, Etc). You know the, "If you don't have a [insert store name here] card we are going to charge you twice what everything is worth grocery store".

:soapbox: Anyway, I'm done now.

Bones :skull1:

Oh, and back on topic,

35x12.5 15 MTR's Mounted, balanced, and road hazard $187.00 plus tax.

No, it wasn't at an F'n Walmart Nay ;)

Bones said:
Oh, and back on topic,

35x12.5 15 MTR's Mounted, balanced, and road hazard $187.00 plus tax.

No, it wasn't at an F'n Walmart Nay ;)

I have rural relatives that plan day trips to Walmart. I understand.

The Springs is bigger than Denver (not the greater metropolitan area, but Denver itself), but that's just a land size thing. It's the most average statistical city in the country, except for the weather. We have plenty of Walmarts, but there is no reason to shop there unless you enjoy incompetence and waiting in line with all the other sheep.

When Walmart goes out of business, which they will as all retailers eventually do (for Walmart this will happen when oil becomes constrained and it is no longer cost effective to import a mega-store full of sh$t from China), they will have completely gutted the small town store model, and you'll be left with a hollowed out town with 3 or 4 big, empty concrete boxes on the outskirts. Corn don't grow on concrete, so it's gonna be ugly for a long, long, long time.

Tell Grandma I said "hi" next time you shop there. :explosion

Nay

Well, I had to dig a bit for this thread and see that I missed some humerous posts. :) I did finally purchase some MTRs yesterday. I got them at Sears in Wausau, WI for 162.80 each with them matching an internet quote plus shipping. However, one must add balancing (51.96 for four), valve stems (11.96 for four), road hazzard (85.20 for four), and I disposed of one tire for $2. The total with 44.13 for tax was $846.45. Not cheap, but the best I could do around here. OH yeah, I got a $60 mail in rebate form too, so that knocks it down to $786.45 total or $196.61 each including tax. The staff at Sears was good to work with and even let me have access to the Jeep if I needed to massage anything for fitment purposes. I mounted them on my Grand Waggy 7" aluminum rims and had no immediate fitment problems although they did seem to take quite a bit of weight to balance. Here is a link to pics of the reciept as well as pics of the Jeep with the tires mounted up. BTW, where did you get the $187 each plus tax Bones? Jeff

http://photomail.photoworks.com/sharing/album.asp?Key=1~FQQ4aBru.cL/Jkct7RS9MqgQrDCeWCC2

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
Well, I had to dig a bit for this thread and see that I missed some humerous posts. :) I did finally purchase some MTRs yesterday. I got them at Sears in Wausau, WI for 162.80 each with them matching an internet quote plus shipping. However, one must add balancing (51.96 for four), valve stems (11.96 for four), road hazzard (85.20 for four), and I disposed of one tire for $2. The total with 44.13 for tax was $846.45. Not cheap, but the best I could do around here. OH yeah, I got a $60 mail in rebate form too, so that knocks it down to $786.45 total or $196.61 each including tax. The staff at Sears was good to work with and even let me have access to the Jeep if I needed to massage anything for fitment purposes. I mounted them on my Grand Waggy 7" aluminum rims and had no immediate fitment problems although they did seem to take quite a bit of weight to balance. Here is a link to pics of the reciept as well as pics of the Jeep with the tires mounted up. BTW, where did you get the $187 each plus tax Bones? Jeff

http://photomail.photoworks.com/sharing/album.asp?Key=1~FQQ4aBru.cL/Jkct7RS9MqgQrDCeWCC2

Jeff : Your Rig is SICK...

i paid 134.40ea at sears and total with tax included was 585 and some change....sears told me that they counldn't balance them because of the size, but i think it was laziness....so i had a local 4x4 shop mount and computer balance for 40.00$...
Carl

RkitOut, it certainly would have been nice to see a copy of your reciept. Too late now though. You should still post it for others though. Thanks for the compliment on the Jeep. So Paul, how's your rig roll down the road with bead locks and no balancing? I would someday like to head that direction, but beadlock rims aren't exactly free or $20 each like my current stock of rims. :) Jeff

What a pansy ass rig..........but I like those rock rails, where'd you get them? :D

;)

I never had to balance my 35" MT/R's either, also on Champion beadlocks. Drove from CA to Moab and CO up to 80 mph and no vibes. The 37's could use a little balancing, but not much, and I doubt I'll ever mess with it.

Jeff 98XJ WI said:

it pisses me off that places can charge $3 for a valve stem and people don't even realize it. one of the shops near me also charges $2 per lug nut if you need them.

go to any parts store and save yourself some money.

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
RkitOut, it certainly would have been nice to see a copy of your reciept. Too late now though. You should still post it for others though. Thanks for the compliment on the Jeep. So Paul, how's your rig roll down the road with bead locks and no balancing? I would someday like to head that direction, but beadlock rims aren't exactly free or $20 each like my current stock of rims. :) Jeff

I'm on my 3rd set of MT/R's & my 2nd set of Champion's & have never had the need to balance a tire. I have no vibes whatsoever at any speed.
Paul

How much bumpstop are you running in the front?

Right now I have the coil mount on the axle raised 2" compared to stock and have 3.5 hockey pucks bolted on top of the stock bump pad (3.5".) I have some upper poly bump stops that I got off a junk yard truck I think. However, I don't think they are any longer than stock. They were squished over quite a bit in a couple of those flex shots. I just ordered some Daystar extended poly bump stops and will try them out for just a touch more restriction as I really want to keep the flares...too much stuff getting flung around without them. Jeff

Nay said:
Dude, you're in Wisconsin, not the Southwest where MT/R's reign. Save yourself some coin and get a mud tire. The trxus would be a good choice if you want excellent road/snow manners with good mud capability.

Nay

That's some nice black mudding dirt back in Wisconsin. I grew up in Chicago and had grandparents over the boarder in Racine. My wife if from Racine too. Mtr's reign supreme everywhere. They are the most versatile tire ever made. Mine do get a bit clogged out here in Cali in the clay mud, but I just turn them over and they clean out and keep clawing away. They are also unbelievably quiet on the road. I will not get another tire again. These things are awesome. Just about everyone out her in Cali runs them. Go with 35's or go home. No, 31's & 33's work too.
Troy

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
Right now I have the coil mount on the axle raised 2" compared to stock and have 3.5 hockey pucks bolted on top of the stock bump pad (3.5".) I have some upper poly bump stops that I got off a junk yard truck I think. However, I don't think they are any longer than stock. They were squished over quite a bit in a couple of those flex shots. I just ordered some Daystar extended poly bump stops and will try them out for just a touch more restriction as I really want to keep the flares...too much stuff getting flung around without them. Jeff

I like how you kept the stock flares and gave your xj that sleeper look even with 35's. Nice. The previous owner of my xj just hacked the fenders and threw the flares away. It works for me as this is my off-roader only. Here are some pics of my xj on 35's.

http://www.booniebouncers.com/trail_shots_2004_signal_peak.htm
There are 4 pictures of me in the silver 2 door xj. I hope to see you this summer for the August runs. I will only be able to make the weekend runs to Fordyce & Barrett Lake, not the entire m-f rubicon run.
Troy

I just got a set of Procomp 35X12.50's for $560.97 this morning not including mount and balance. Procomp runs a buy 3 get one free everyonce and a while. If you can wait go with them! Tire store said the sale ends 6/30/04 and may go back on sometime in november

Back