• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

prep for winter

Thanks for looking out for me. Im actually good with camping and being in the snow and freezing temps just not familiar with how my car will react. Ive got good clothes and gear from snowboarding and backpacking in the snow and i don't trust my car for anything(usually breaks from user errors(offroading past its ability)) so i always have basic spare parts and tools. Thanks again guys.

Check out Leavenworth, great little place tucked up against the mountains. But up there is very very cold winters. Winds can bring the temp down to 0* so maybe try the 5w oil instead.

X2 on the Leavenworth area. A good route is from Ellensburg to Wenatchee, to Leavenworth (lots of mountains and camping places on that route) then through Stevens Pass on to Seattle/Puget Sound...or out to Olympic Peninsula.

Take GOOD rain gear and a camera to catch Bigfoot running across the road or IN your camp. :laugh:

Biggest thing I see is the coolant. All of the time in warm climates people get away with topping off coolant with water but when it freezes it expands and will crack an engine block easily. Good time to flush and fill your cooling system with a 50/50 mix of your favorite brand of coolant. Other than that if it runs where you are it should run wherever you take it. It is a Cherokee after all. Good luck!

Back