• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power WJ seats to manual XJ???

-88fleXJ-

NAXJA Forum User
so i found a set of duel power leather WJ seats at the JY for $100 bux:guitar:

I have full manual seats now but will these work? is the wiring kinda standalone. just put 12V to em and they work? or is it too complicated.

thanks guys.

so i found a set of duel power leather WJ seats at the JY for $100 bux:guitar:

I have full manual seats now but will these work? is the wiring kinda standalone. just put 12V to em and they work? or is it too complicated.

thanks guys.

The brackets are different, everything but the recliner part (The part that lowers the back part of the seat) is attached to the seat bracket. So you can go the easy route & swap brackets & lose the power controls (Except for recline).
Or you do it the hard way! You can make it work by cutting & welding the XJ seat bracket attachment point to the WJ bracket. I have a buddy that mounted the XJ seat bracket (2001 sport) in the vehicle then cut off everything slightly above the mount, Then he cut the WJ bracket to fit, Bolted the brackets to each other (To keep everything in place) took it out of the vehicle, welded everything up, grinded down the welds & Painted it to look nice. Re-attached the seat to the bracket & mounted it back in the vehicle. The electric was simple, He ran 12V over from the Cig lighter.
He could not get the seat heaters to work (The elements were NG) , So he bought a seat heater kit on "E" bay & hooked it up.
GOOD LUCK!

Back