• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering pump pully

I've seen it before, but it seems more popular for the 10% overdrive rather than the cooling capability. If I was worried about a hot PS pump I'd be putting in a PS fluid cooler.

The boost at low engine speeds might be nice but the cooling effect is going to be minimal since the power steering pump is in line with the electric cooling fan and already has a strong air flow. You would get more cooling, for less money, by running a transmission oil cooler, mounted in front of the condenser, to cool the steering fluid.
I do like the GenRight pulley in the blue anodized color. Looks fast.[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][/FONT]

The only real benefit is the larger holes to access the mounting bolts.

I've heard rumors of pumps going out quicker from being spun at a higher RPM for longer periods of time but I have no specific evidence to back that up. just food for thought.

Grimm, I would tend to agree. Running the pump, or any of the engine accessories at speeds greater than the designed optimum will cause premature failure. Just how fast they will fail can be debated until the cows come home.

Hard to say but, they will fail faster...

Back