• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Steer pump Bracket

pejeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I am converting an 87 MJ 2.5 ltr from manual steer to power steer. I need to know if the bracket that the manual belt adjuster / idler pulley sits in is different than the PS pump bracket. I have the PS pump, but there is no belt adjustment hardware on it. I didn't think to check when I pulled the pump from a PNP a couple years ago.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

pejeeper said:
I am converting an 87 MJ 2.5 ltr from manual steer to power steer. I need to know if the bracket that the manual belt adjuster / idler pulley sits in is different than the PS pump bracket. I have the PS pump, but there is no belt adjustment hardware on it. I didn't think to check when I pulled the pump from a PNP a couple years ago.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

OK, I found what I need. The bracket for the PS pump is a separate bolt on piece, someone else musta scavanged it before I scavanged the pump.
Crisis averted....for now

Back