• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Possible wiring relay problems

Skwirl

NAXJA Forum User
So I installed a new A/C blower motor resistor and everything was working great for a few weeks. Turned on the A/C today and heard a buzzing sound around the resistor and everything on the dash went crazy - high beam light on, both signal lights illuminated, speedometer dropped to zero but works periodically. Speedometer will work now for few seconds after using turn signal. Anyways, obviously, I will need to change the resistor again probably. Anything else I should check???

The component that normally fails on the resistor is the thermal fuse (diode looking piece). You can check that easily with a meter to see if it is open. No point in installing a new one until you correct the problem that is causing it to blow, often a failing blower motor that is drawing too much current.. If you can solder, you can change just the fuse with one from Radio Shack for ~$2.00.

What year is your XJ?

Back