• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

possible rear fender idea?

I gotta say, the pipe doesn't look all that great. Have you thought about doing like a 1/8" or 3/16" flat fender flare on there...maybe like 2.5-3" wide, then form it to match the line and taper the ends off...

let me finish this and then i think youll change your opinion. you cant tell from that pic but most of the way around the pipe sticks out at most an 1/8 inch, so it looks better than that pic does it justice. i gotta get some tin snips to start patchin the little spaces in then weld those little areas in and ill get some good pics of it

wes

I know too little too late, but here are some pictures of my 40 inch wheel tubes in my Jeep. Sorry about the quality, there is something wrong with my digital camera.
351s9vk.jpg

3ys6u51.jpg

I just cut mine last week and I have been an auto body tech for a while so this is my suggestion and what I did. I cut at the bodyline above the mounting holes for the wheel flare, I then took a hammer and a dolly (or just a hammer) and formed the wheel well metal closer to the quarter panel skin. when you get it close or looking good take som panel bonding adhesive and shoot it into the gap. You can get the adhesive from a paint supply store, the stuff I use is made by 3M. After you fill the gap run some MASKING tape over the gap and let sit for about 30 minutes and remove tape. Your done, Panel bonding adhesive is super strong and will hold in that area better than welding and it will not burn paint or comprimise structural integrity.

They are Competition Engineering's 40 inch drag racing tub kit. You have to build them from two pieces of flat steel.

Hey tech kid, you have any photos yet?

Back