• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pop/crack sound when suspension flexes

cracker said:
I figured this out when I put a completely newer steering on and drove it around the driveway without the track bar. I put the track bar on an it was there again.

You drove around without the trackbar???

Wouldn't that put a huge amount of force on your steering linkage TRE's and steering box??

if all your steering linkage is upgraded to hd stuff, it could very well be something cracked or tweaked in the track bracket area. if you have a laser level handy, check the plumbness of the frame rail. i only have 31's and open front and mine is bent a little. then the bracket has to be "preloaded" the right way or you can bust the studs tryin' to tighten it. (not that i found this out from personal experience or anything :D) that is, if it's not your ucab's or anything.

Wolz said:
You drove around without the trackbar???

Yes. About 25 feet.

cracker said:
I figured this out when I put a completely newer steering on and drove it around the driveway without the track bar.

AROUND THE DRIVEWAY!

Wolz said:
Wouldn't that put a huge amount of force on your steering linkage TRE's and steering box??

NO! Not at two miles an hour moving it so my wife could pull in. I actually think it would be LESS force than if it were all hooked up.

Think about it. What is going to put more stress on my steering box/steering linkage my driveway (with no track bar):

150.jpg
or a rock garden
150.jpg
with an ARB and 35s.

Wow dude! You got a little fired-up here, huh.

Back