• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poor gas mileage, exhaust fumes burns eyes.

Last edited:
Great advice on here.

Those OEM two-piece injectors--plastic and metal pinched together are XJ FIRE STARTERS. JP Magazine article: http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticles/engine/154_0811_preventing_jeep_engine_fires/

As for the "best gear" for mileage--use your judgement based on the GAS PEDAL. Select the gear that gives you the best power for your current driving condition WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF PEDAL.

Yep. Those POS injectors are a fire waiting to happen.

As for the "best gear" for mileage--use your judgement based on the GAS PEDAL. Select the gear that gives you the best power for your current driving condition WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF PEDAL.

That is a very good way of saying it, in a nutshell. I need to remember that.

And to add to all this, I found the plastic tube for the MAP is so cheap, take it off hold it up the light then bend it. Mine looked like a slinky. I swapped out all that crap plastic tube to rubber line. 2 other things I found on my first RENIX was the plastic tube from the valve cover to manifold was clogged solid with gunk. I replaced mine with 5/16 steel break line. Never clogged again and was east to clean. The other was the regulator at the fuel rail. Mine was like the government, worked some of the time and when it did not very well.

Back