• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

police interceptor

usually a discoloration to the paint that you can read where it once had the word "police" on it is a great indication.

You can still see "Call 911" on my hatch when the sun hits it just right.:D

I wouldn't trust AutoZone to provide the correct information. I bet it lists the same brakes for civilian and police variants too?

Also I believe the cams were different for civilian vs. police. And a forged crank.

The intake box and ziptube have all been the same from what I have seen. The only difference in the intake manifolds being the coolant runner on the front of the intake for the civilian cars being plastic while it was aluminum on the cruisers.

Back on subject though, enough discussing Panthers on an XJ forum.

Read all about it here

If anyone has access to one of the XJ cop dividers I'd love it to keep my kids in their place. LMK

Will this one do...
jeepcherokeecopfront1.jpg

use the Search

Anyone said:
Use the Search Next Time
IF NAXJA is about helping others, That "use the search" is not helping anyone,

Yes searching and reading past posting will give you the answers you are looking for. But it takes time to do so.
But someone with the answer on the tip of their tongue can post it much faster then any one can read over
all the old posting. expressly when the old threads are full of "use the Search" .

I would think in the many years Naxja have been online just about every question has been answered.

Just my 2cents

An "Interceptor" is usually a stripped-down body and a high-powered engine, and they're usually good for 180-200mph if necessary (160 is no problem.)

:eek:

Uhh...I don't know many police vehicles built for 200mph...or 180 for that matter. I don't think your local department's old LS1 Camaro is going to touch anything near that...

that is debatable.... the cops have to be smart enough to use those items.

And for those who might try to outpace the police, the Gallardo has a top speed of 309kmh (192 mph).

112_news040520_lambo_l.jpg

This is from: http://www.gizmag.com/go/2811/

The title of the world’s fastest police car has been secured by the Italian State Police (Polizia di Stato) wehich will soon begin using a Lamborghini Gallardo Police Car. The Gallardo Police Car will be used by the traffic police (Polizia Stradale) during emergencies and alarm situations on the Salerno-Reggio Calabria highway, also under the powers of the special safety operative which is already being employed along this tract of highway.

The Gallardo will also be used in first aid activities – thanks to its special defibrillator equipment, which performs electrocardiograms and automatic diagnoses of arterial pressure and the presence of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood – as well as the transportation of plasma and human organs for transplants.

Apart from being fitted with medical equipment, the vehicle will also have advanced technological apparatus’ for receiving and transmitting information and images relating to particularly critical situations, such as road traffic accidents, fires and other disaster situations.

All this will be made possible thanks to the use of other sophisticated equipment on board the “Lamborghini Polizia”, for example, the satellite navigational system with GSM microtelephone, the Provida system which records violations and sends images in real time, direct connection to the Police database as well as the Elsag “Autodetector” system for number plate recognition and VHF-Polizia equipment.

The use of The Gallardo – which has a 10 cylinder, 5 litre, 500 hp engine and is equipped with a full aluminium body – will also be possible in bad weather and road conditions due to its high performance with permanent four-wheel drive and special “Sottozero” snow tyres developed by Pirelli for Lamborghini vehicles.

And for those who might try to outpace the police, the Gallardo has a top speed of 309kmh (192 mph).

Last edited:
I bet Neither of the Foreign Patrol Cars can keep up with me! My XJ can go through Mud, Sand, Woods, Fields, Etc. and they certainly can not!

could-this-be-the-fa-4_460x0w.jpg

From: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/could-this-be-the-fastest-police-car-in-the-world-ar17482.html

Could this be the fastest Police Car in the World?

A while ago it was believed that the Lamborghini Gallardo police car used by the Italian state police for emergencies was the fastest police car in the world, yet at the Essen Auto Show a German police car is being shown and it too claims to be the fastest police car in the world with a top speed of 362.4 kilometres per hour.

The car is a Brabus Rocket, the car based on a Mercedes Benz CLS but with added power and up rated gearbox, brakes and more or less everything else, the car may have the body or the Mercedes Benz CLS but that is where the similarities seem to end, for this car performance is the key, and it does perform exceedingly well. But at a price of €348,000 ($437,000) can cars like this really be justified? The authorities and car makers suggest it is money well spent due to the lack of speed limits on Europe’s highways, however that is Europe of the past and now with the European Union handing out new laws and regulations you would lucky to find a stretch of road that actually has no speed limit on it.

Great car though.

World's fastest police car still can't follow my XJ Off Pavement!

Produced for England, this is the World's fastest police car yet! Build by Caparo, this is Caparo T1. Powered by a 3.5l V8, this monster produces 575bhp @ 10,500rpm! and 420Nm of torque at 9,000rpm! Now this police is capable of reaching you at 200mph!

Caparo.jpg

Last edited:
The Best One Yet! It can go where others can not!

From: http://www.modernracer.com/features/specialpurposecop.html

Earlier, Chrysler used to offer their 190 hp 4.0L Jeep Cherokee for pursuit and special duty in 2WD and 4WD form. It has now been discontinued, and the Intrepid and Durango has taken its place in the police market. Acceleration for 0-60mph is 9.5 seconds and top speed is limited to 111 mph. 60-0 mph braking takes 151 feet. Various agencies, such as park rangers, also use modified Jeep Wranglers for off-road patrol use.

jeepcherokeecopfront1.jpg

mich179.jpg

Was it necessary to post 4 times?

Thanks for your thoughts... Well, I suppose I could have made it one very long Post.

What does it really matter if I made One Very Long Post or a Few Short Ones? What was Posted would be the same Info.

Thanks

Re: use the Search

IF NAXJA is about helping others, That "use the search" is not helping anyone,

Sure it is. NAXJA has a wonderful archive that retards can search for info on. I've rarely started a tech thread because I've often found the information myself. Didn't take me any longer than starting a thread and praying for email notifications of replies. :wave:

I wish they would do a newer light bar retro like the slim LED ones on chargers. Seems like any XJ in service has the gaudy halogen reflector style light bar.

Back