• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Police Charger/Magnum Center Caps w/ Cragar V-5 Wheels

tykby3

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I have an idea for new center caps for my wheels, but I don't know what it will look like or if they will even work, I do know I need the lug nuts to make the caps work but I don't know if the threads are the same. I can't post pics to show what my wheels look like or what the centers look like. Tell me if y'all think that combo would go together or if I'm just wasting my time.

It's not that hard to come up with pics of what you're talking about using Google Images...... so I'll help you out.

These wheels:

88548-md.jpg

Using these center caps:

$(KGrHqMOKkUE3t)tQJ+ZBN+iskz!Ww~~0_12.JPG

and these lug nuts:

thumb.php

The Magnum lug nut thread specs are: M14-1.50

The Jeep Cherokee lug nut thread specs are: 1/2-20

So, the quickest answer would be no. The lug nuts will be the first issue. The Magnum appears to use a metric lug nut and stud.

Last edited:
It's not that hard to come up with pics of what you're talking about using Google Images...... so I'll help you out.

These wheels:

88548-md.jpg

Using these center caps:

$%28KGrHqMOKkUE3t%29tQJ+ZBN+iskz%21Ww%7E%7E0_12.JPG

and these lug nuts:

thumb.php

The Magnum lug nut thread specs are: M14-1.50

The Jeep Cherokee lug nut thread specs are: 1/2-20

So, the quickest answer would be no. The lug nuts will be the first issue. The Magnum appears to use a metric lug nut and stud.

Thanks for posting the pics, I'm not use to this site yet. Chargers and Magnums are different bolt pattern but it's only .7mm off and the wheels will bolt on. About the lugs, Ford's use the same lug style as the ones I need and the same thread.

Use photobucket, imageshack, etc to host the pics, and put the link in your thread.

LX wheels bolted right up on my junk with standard 1/2-20 lug nuts.

Wow, reading comprehension fail. So how do the LX steel wheel caps attach to the wheels? I've seen Jeep caps mounted on V5s, and on LX wheels, but not what you're looking to do.

Well, get the same type of lugs in the correct size?

thats just it, i would have to get both before i could try to see if they work and there is still no guarantee that they would work

Back