• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PLZ!!!! help if you can

JJ13

NAXJA Forum User
7/13/03 a very good friend of mine named John Marston lost his battle with cancer. When John became ill he was in the process of building an XJ for his son to drive (he just got his learners permit). Next week on the 23rd we are having a benefit car show to help the family with there medical bills. We are planning on working late nights to complete the things left to be done to the Jeep so we can present it to his son. There are a few odds and ends that we need still for the Jeep, and I was hoping I may be lucky enough that some of you would have a few of these things lying around and would be willing to help us out, or at least sell to me cheap as it is all coming out of my pocket. We are in need of a small lift, (2"-4") budget boost or springs if anyone has them laying around. I will put shackles or blocks on the rear, depending on how much lift I need to match for the front. We also have no front bumper (it is a 93), and I also need to come up with door handles, and lights of some kind to go on a Con-ferr rack. I would buy these things new, but I have allready given my Con-ferr rack, and aluminum wheels to the project , and I will be pretty much broke after I replace them (they came off my daily driver).

To give you a little backround, John owned a body shop in Longview Washington where I live. He was one of my fathers very best friends from as far back as middle school. I can't count the number of times John did stuff to my vehicles when I began driving and refused to let me pay (whether it was a paint job, or lowering my car, or fixing my truck when I hit a guard rail). So to make a long post a little shorter, he took care of me and made sure I had cool vehicles to drive. I would like to repay his kindness by making sure his son AJ has a cool XJ to drive to high school.

I apologize for the long post, thank you for taking the time to read it.

If anyone would like to contact me my e-mail is [email protected], or reply to this thread as I will check it often

Last edited:
Got a bumper and door handles donated today, got the lift situation handled. Now I need a decent pair of mirrors. I was wrong in my original post, it is an 88 XJ.

Thank you again for taking the time to read this

Judd Jones

Thanks Kejtar... ;) WE have it almost all the way together now. A local wrecking yard helped us out with a bunch of stuff. Instead of budget boosting his Jeep, I ordered a set of 6.5 lift springs for mine and will install my 3" springs on his XJ. Course I will be eating Top Ramen for the next month. :D

Thank you for posting :D

The help from the local community has been unbelievable...so far they have donated a CD player and install, a new windshield and instalation, all the windows tinted, a complete detail (as soon as we finish painting it), tires and mounting and balancing. Now the fun part, I have to uninstall my front lift , reinstall my new springs, and install my old springs in his jeep, and figure out a lift for the rear of his Jeep. Needless to say I will have a busy afternoon tommorrow.

Thanks for thinking of us
:D

IF you can find a set of stock leafs use the main leaf (with the bushing eyes cutoff) as a first AAL or maybe look for some Dakota packs in the local boneyard that helped you out.... those work out for XJ's and with mix and match yo ucan get about 3"

Kejtar

Back