• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Planning trip to ME in late June

Char-Broil

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,
I'm planning a little vacation trip up to northern Maine in late June this year. I'd like to do some great wheeling in either maine or canada, but would need to hook up with some local wheelers up there to make it happen. Right now I am thinking the 3rd or 4th weekend of June is when i will be there. My Jeep will be on 33's, 5" of lift (possibly more...) and whatever other upgrades i can get in by then. It should be pleanty capable of some tough trails. Anyone planning an outting around that time or any clubs, orgs, etc. planning an outting around then that wouldn't mind a visitor, please let me know, i'd love to plan my trip around your event. PM me or reply here with any info..thanks

Jon

muddygp said:
Hey,
I'm planning a little vacation trip up to northern Maine in late June this year. I'd like to do some great wheeling in either maine or canada, but would need to hook up with some local wheelers up there to make it happen. Right now I am thinking the 3rd or 4th weekend of June is when i will be there. My Jeep will be on 33's, 5" of lift (possibly more...) and whatever other upgrades i can get in by then. It should be pleanty capable of some tough trails. Anyone planning an outting around that time or any clubs, orgs, etc. planning an outting around then that wouldn't mind a visitor, please let me know, i'd love to plan my trip around your event. PM me or reply here with any info..thanks

Jon
I should be back in Maine in the beginning of June. I would be more than happy to take you out wheelin. I will keep you posted.

What part of maine are you going to?

West of Lewiston towards the mountains. I am originally from the Waterville area. I have been in the Army for the last 6 years and getting out. My family and I want to be near the mountains after being near the Rockies for the past 3 years. I plan to open a Jeep/4wd shop up.

Hm, oxford area Im guessing? Im living in Farmington for now grew up in the mountains in the weld area..

I can offer light wheeling in these areas but Im not sure where you are talking about when you say "northern" maine..

yea let us know where you guys are going if so im around this summer to help out as well. let us know what you are planning and what all do you want as for hardcore or softcore wheeling. we have everything and im sure some of us here can find you some stuff in the middle.

98XJSport said:
Hm, oxford area Im guessing? Im living in Farmington for now grew up in the mountains in the weld area..

I can offer light wheeling in these areas but Im not sure where you are talking about when you say "northern" maine..
Not going to Northern Maine when I get back. Will to go wheel but not to live. Looking at western Maine possibly.

klonestar said:
Western Maine towards the mountains? We'll be neighbors! :)
Cool man. It kinda depends on what area of Maine I set my shop up in. It might be central/western Maine. I am looking at where I would get the most business at. I will keep everyone posted. I do plan on having a meet-n-greet and wheeling shortly after getting back.

totally sounds like a great idea. i am so in at this point on that meet and greet. central maine would be great. im starving for a off-road shop where i can take my jeep to get worked on by some trusted individuals and not have to drive very far. augusta is 40 minutes and waterville is 20 minutes to either one would be better than portland or even out of state !! let us know like i said before on if you need help with anything during or through out your move! it will be great to start a bunch of locals to get together and just talk jeep. im getting so excited over this cuz in the next year that means i have some place to go and people to meet and go wheeling with. basically just bring more local ideas together.

98XJSport said:

Farmington?!!:) :) I am going to Eustis (Straton) this weekend. Some good weelin' up that end. hehehe Lots of trails to hit. We keep a 94 Wrangler up there for this but I just finished my stage one on my 95 XJ Sport and are going to test her out this weekend on some _easy_ trails. hehehe

We should hook up some time! We are up there most of the summer weekends!

PM me bud!

Peace! NAXJA

Back