• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pismo run May 21-22

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
How about a run to Pismo?

We're going for the weekend on May 21-22, and will be camping on the beach. It shouldn't be very crowded since Memorial Day weekend, which is very busy, is the following weekend. I'm not into a steady diet of sand dunes, but once in a while it's a real kick.

Dune running, campfire in the sand, potluck dinner, night runs, enlightening campfire discussions........should be fun. :)

Who wants to go?

I am planning on going also. Keep me posted on anything you might need to make this happen.

Are we making this an XJ only run? Just trying to decide about Memorial Day weekend, this run, and inviting a friend.

Wifey and I are gonna try and make it.

Kelpies are on board as well.

CRASH

Take lots of pics. Kristen said she wants a beach vacation.

Sssh, the Jeep if for driving around. I might be able to pull this one off. :D

I would love to go.. but I have a wedding as well that weekend.

Plus I know that I am going to need to spend every spare day working on the heep :rattle:

I am tired of "gettin' it" in the garage.

Matt

Capt. Nemo said:
Are we making this an XJ only run? Just trying to decide about Memorial Day weekend, this run, and inviting a friend.

Invite anyone you want......it's a big place. I'll have a few non-XJ friends there, and some quads, too.

I don't know that we've ever had an XJ sand dunes run, this should be fun. One nice thing about camping on the beach is that we're right at the dunes, so we can jump in the rig and bomb around anytime we want. We'll have at least two trailers and two campers from Balersfield, plus Matt's trailer and whatever anyone else brings, so we should have a decent wind break if the wind comes up in the afternoon. Just need lots of firewood. :)

Hey, just a throught...

What does everybody think of bringing out some different wines they like and we can have our own little wine tasting? Holly is a wino and loves to find new stuff ;) She'll be brining out some stuff of course.

And of course I'll bring out a couple different beers too :cheers:

Sequoia

Gary E said:
Hmm sounds like a good time :)

Gary, I got that 4x4 truck, so I have to use it..... :)

I'm thinking us yahoos playing follow the leader in the dark sounds like a ton of fun. :D

One nice thing about playing so close to camp is that we can take out all the spare parts and tools and lighten things up. Last time I went I drove it over just for the day, and kept everything inside. This time we'll be there for the weekend and I'll trailer it, and all the junk I usually carry will be left in camp, including the spare tire...........yeah baby!!
:party:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

GSequoia said:
Hey, just a throught...

What does everybody think of bringing out some different wines they like and we can have our own little wine tasting? Holly is a wino and loves to find new stuff ;) She'll be brining out some stuff of course.

And of course I'll bring out a couple different beers too :cheers:

Sequoia
I'll bring a couple of my best boxes... :laugh3:

Gary E said:
Cool we are in put me on the email list if there is one? where do I get a little orange flag? :)

I bought a flag here in town, but I don't remember where. I'd check with a place that sells quads and ask them. Flags are also for sale at shops near the entrance to the beach, but they might not be open if you get there late on Friday. I welded a small tab for the flag to the back of my exo.

One of those light sticks works good for a light at night, poke a small hole in the flag and put a wire tie through that and the hole in the end of the light stick. I've never done it, but a friend says one stick will last for an evening. I have power running to the rear for my amp and compressor, so I may just rig up a light.

sounds like fun richard. jay was telling me earlier this week, count me in.
anybody know what condition the jet stream is in right now? watching people float away is always fun to watch...

Back