• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pinion questions

52bf6lv.jpg

67x2i43.jpg

That ok for a first successful pattern? I was thinking un-shim it one shim and it should be fine, what do you all think?

Its only got 2 shims in it by the way, the ones that came with the kit seemed quite thick and the stock pinion had the same thickness.. so should i try to find a thinner shim, or just take one out.

Also,what was the backlash?

Well shit.. i just took off the bearing and removed one shim, go to put it back on, and now with the pinion nut all the way tight there is still a good amnt of play, and yes, its tight. Do i need to use a spacer anywhere?

Sounds like your pinion pre-load has been off from the start.

I don' think think you have preload shims. You need to take some preload shims out or get a new crush sleeve. Buy a Master rehaul and do it right....

hey RyanM, i think youre the one that i didnt get along with in a couple past threads...

well, :flame: to you because i got it together, and it works perfect :p no whines, anything.. soo why would i need to buy a master install kit...

AKswampheep said:
hey RyanM, i think youre the one that i didnt get along with in a couple past threads...

well, :flame: to you because i got it together, and it works perfect :p no whines, anything.. soo why would i need to buy a master install kit...
+

Hey man, easy. Hey may be a smart ass but he knows his sh!t.He was just trying to help you out by the way.

sarcasm.. sorry if it sounded too bad :p

I know he was trying to help.. but buying a master install kit wouldve helped nothing in my situation.

But the help is appreciated.

AKswampheep said:

AKswampheep said:
sarcasm.. sorry if it sounded too bad :p

I know he was trying to help.. but buying a master install kit wouldve helped nothing in my situation.

But the help is appreciated.
:rolleyes:
You said your pinion was loose, this would mean preloaod is off! You need a new crush sleeve, or like with the 44, you need to remove preload shims. What is your preload In/Lbs? what did you torque the pinion nut too? Whats your back lash? A master kit would have given you the crush sleeve, and would have given you new bearings ( recommended with a rebuild) It also would have let you make a setup pinion bearing.

I wasn't being sarcastic either, post up when your rear end comes apart and you get jerked off the road... thats sarcasm:D

Back