• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

..pinion/axle won't rotate,..

bxj

NAXJA Forum User
..left the ole rear axle disconnected for a couple of days with the axle pinion pointed straight down and now I can't seem to get it to rotate upwards and this is with a floor jack and the rear unibody up on jackstands-It seems like trying to rotate the axle by jacking the pinion upwards also raises the whole unibody and not just the pinion itself-The axle pinion remains pointed down -I've double-checked that everything at the rear axle is loosen ,U-bolts. spring perches,etc.,..but still no sucess-
Am I misseing something here,..?
As always any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated-TIA
bxj

unbolt the u bolts completely, sounds the me like you've got the perches hung up on the center bolts or something.

I initially had replaced some seals and repaired the Ford 8.8 and completely removed it from underneath the unibody and in the few ensueing days,..okay maybe weeks to finish the job the rear axle pinion nose rotated downward from which it contiues to point-Seems like I don't remember it being this difficult in the past to rotate the pinion nose back upwards-(.....or .maybe it's this monsterous heat wave we're going though here in the hearland..)-In any case I'm going to remove all the U-bolts and will breaking out the ole 5-ounce hammer to see if I can dislodge whatever is holding up the show-
thx for all the help.
bxj

well if you undo the u-bolts completely it will fall out, then you can rais it back up at the proper orientation and mate the erches with the centering pins in the leaf pack.

bxj said:
In any case I'm going to remove all the U-bolts and will breaking out the ole 5-ounce hammer to see if I can dislodge whatever is holding up the show-
thx for all the help.
bxj

What are you going to accomplish with this size hammer?

Back