• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Picking up a new toy tomorrow

matt6669

NAXJA Member # 1602
So after months and months of searching the local gun shops I have finally stumbled upon the rifle that I am going to buy.

I went to a local gun shop to check out a gun I just heard about made by Howa. Apparently Howa use to make the vanguard series for weatherby. They decided to go out on their own and make their own guns. I must say, its Jap made but man are they slick pieces of machinery. I can get a brand new howa 1500 in 30-06 for 499 thats crazy. Everyone I talk to raves about them so I went and checked them out. They are really nice guns. Anyone looking for a cheap rifle, this is the gun to get.

Anyway, while I was checking out those, a shiny piece of medal caught my eye and I had to look a little further. Upon further investigation, it turns out to be a Remington 700 LSS also know as a all weather laminated stock with the stainless steel barrell in 7mm-08. I picked this thing up and I'm like are you sure this is suppose to be on the used rack, he's like yeah we just got it in.

I look at the price tag, no price tag, im like this isn't good. He looks it up real quick he's like I would have to do a final pricing but I think its going to end up in the 5-550 range. I almost crapped my pants, the gun has 50 rounds through it, it was traded in by an old timer that everyone knows who apparently takes immaculate care of his guns. This thing looks like it just came out of the box.

So tomorrow I am going to finally pick up my Rem 700 that I have been searching for months for, and I am getting it in stainless steel and laminated stock, just what I was looking for.

Yay for me!

Lawky fawker....

I got a 1960's model 700 for my dad, first year of the composite stock, ever for remington in 7mm mag this past x-mas fo $250... less than 50 rounds through it from the original owner

ended up paying a little extra ended up being 599 but still at that price it was a steal and a half. Got it home, now I gotta figure out what scope and mounts to get now hmmm

Back