• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Passenger side air box

I am still in the planning on this - there does seem to be room enough to cross the intake pipe over. The actual box, I don't know. I have a Mustang 5.0 air box, the beehive type, and it's a tight squeeze. I've already removed the turtle tank, and more will have to go to get the replacement filters in easily. There are photos somewhere here, probably in the modifications section, of others who have used what would fit, not always what they wanted. I think GoJeep fitted an industrial filter in the stock location because of space issues.

Drawing in cool outside air will probably be a lot better than sucking in heated underhood air, like so many cone filters do. The lack of "dwell time" in the air intake reduces it ability to pickup temps, plus using a low density material - not steel - will also help. More importantly is that the tube is actually bent properly to flow and not restrict the intake - ty-rapping some thermal shielding is probably the least of the issues.

I much prefer the passenger side for a install - and will probably route it either through the cowl, or exit through the hood. A short cap installed through the hood would resemble military air intakes and allow the snorkel to stay out of the high speeed air flow around the windshield until you need it.

Back