• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out my built 97 cherokee. 3/4 ton on 38's

ktm racer 419

NAXJA Forum User
Parting out my 1997 jeep Cherokee. This thing has had quite the life and there are 280k miles on it. The body is beginning to fall apart, and its time to step away from it and start building my new rig. Im going to be as honest as possible with every item and can get pictures of everything upon request. I will ship smaller items via ups at your expense (no exceptions).Larger items can be delivered for a price to be negotiated.The jeep has been pretty beat, but was well maintained and everything worked great on the street and trail as a whole. Engine and transmission and everything under the hood are staying in it for the time being. The interior is mostly missing and what remains is in rough shape.If it isn’t listed its not for sale at this time. Everything is best offer.

np231 w/ PORC sye from a 96 xj, t-case has about 60k miles on it, everything is in great shape internally and externally, has one wheeling run on it since rebuilt. Sye is 6 years old, but no issues $350

4 38x13.5b15 maxxis creepy crawlers. only a couple wheeling runs on them and less than 1000 miles. I would guess 95% tread.for a large heavy tire, they are pretty damn round. I ran them up to 85 mph unbalanced and they have a bit of a vibration, but nowhere near as bad as some smaller, balanced swampers I have run One tire has a sidewall cut which happened during the first wheeling run (took a 25mph hit into a boulder). I patched it and put most of those 1000 miles on it and wheeled on rocks for a weekend aired down and it didn’t leak at all. It can be vulcanized if the patch doesn’t sit well with you. Msrp on these is about $2100 (which is high) but I will sell them for $1250. I will sell these mounted on the wheels listed below for $1550

15x8" allied 32 bolt steel rock 8 beadlocks. 6 on 5.5” lug pattern. 2 of them have 2.75” of backspacing, 2 of them have 3.75” of backspacing. One of the 3.75” has a bent outer ring, doesn’t affect driveability and still torques down and seals fine. I think all of them have had the inner lips bent and hammered back straight at one point or another. Still drive down the road fine. Some flaked off paint and rust on the 2.75” backspaced ones. And one of them has 3/8” nuts and bolts as opposed to the allied 5/16” hardware (which works just fine) These are $180 each new. I will sell all of them for half of that at $360

37x12.5r15 super swamper ssr on a black 6 lug wheel. No cuts, barely used. 99% tread on it $120 for both, will separate. Tire $100, wheel $20

nitro low pinion dana 44 5.38 gearset installed less than a year ago. Barely any street miles on them. I will include all the shims and bearings I have leftover from building that axle.$80

30 spline dana 44 powertrax lockrite locker with titanium cross shaft in a carrier for deep gears (3.73 and deeper I believe)all in good condition, never had an issue with it. new, both of these will run about $375. I will sell both of them for $275

Chromoly front dana 44 axle shafts for a 1980+ jeep j10. inners are 34.17” long and 17.67” outers are chevy/jeep length. Common 30 spline inners, 19 spline outers. They are all nitro shafts with a no questions asked 10 year warranty except for the short inner which is a moser engineering alloy shaft. They have brand new spicer 5-760x u joints with full circle clips. These are $580 new. Will sell for $380

rockcrusher dana 44 cover. Lots of rock rash, seals fine. $55 with a reusable lubelocker gasket

rear semifloat dana 60 setup to bolt into an xj.
62” wms-wms
1310 u bolt style yoke
Yukon 5.38's
full spool
35 spline moser alloy shafts
monte carlo disc brakes
Solid diff cover
ruffstuff antiwrap leaf perches
6 on 5.5” lug pattern
High clearance shock mounts.
Solid diff cover
Uses regular ol’ easy to find dana 44 outers, its basically an xj dana 44 with a 60 center section.
I will give you a sheet with part numbers and what the disc brake parts came off of. Its all cheap, and every auto parts store stocks them.
$1100

Tomken 3” lift coils, they have a higher spring rate than most iirc. Rusty and most of the paint is gone. $40

Unknown brand 2” lift coils. They look to be progressive rate. $40

homebuilt trackbar. I think its 1.75” od ¼” wall Uses 7/8” ruffstuff heims, you will have to make a drop bracket and new axle end bracket to run it (2” wide) uses 5/8” bolts Will sell for the cost of the loaded heims. $69
clayton 6.5” leaf springs, military wrap, made in Canada, 7 leaf, nicest leaves I have ever run by far.One season on them, still in great shape. Paid $410. will sell for $330

tnt customs belly pan. Has been modified. Had to trim a little of it to clear my link mounts.was once bent where the exhaust passes above it, but was straightened and beefed up. Had to notch the front to clear my driveshaft at full flex as well. I added outriggers for 2 extra mounting points per side. Lots of rock rash. $80

custom rear bumper with tire carrier and jcr ¼ panel guards with integrated taillights. Selling all 3 as one unit. The bumper is all 3/16” thick and mounts to the 8 factory holes as well as 4 hitch mount points underneath the framerails the tire carrier mounts to the bumper and ¼ panel guards using 7/8” heims. carrier barely moves even with a 37” spare tire on it. the ¼ guards have a couple bulletholes and a metal tube flare on one side. Flare can be cut off and bullet holes filled in. tire carrier has been bent and repaired at one point. It’s a real custom item, and its pretty beat, so this item is BEST OFFER. If I don’t get an offer im happy with I will just clean up the pieces and sell them individually when I get the time.

Tinted 2 door rear glass. I have a couple sets. $25 each
Also have untinted 2 door door glass. $10 each
Even some 4 door glass. $15 each.

Im located in Foster Rhode Island.

Here are a few recent pics

partout3.jpg

partout2.jpg

partout.jpg

partout4.jpg

Sam, I know you said best offer, but what do you want for the JCR/Bumper? PM me.

Man I really want those creepies too. Too bad I don't have money or a Jeep to put them on.

Last edited:
What's the story on the bullet holes? :laugh3:

Got pics of the bellypan. Purdy interested.

i get home later tonight. ill snap some pics

Sam,

I'll take the Tomken coils. Thinking about those Clayton leaf springs also.

Noah

cool deal. first who shows up with cash takes them

How much for the jcrs

not selling them separately until i sell the bumper and carrier. i have people interested in both of them though. ill let you know if that happens.

x2 on pics of belly pan

tonight.

nooo say it isn't so!

keeping the durango box. the steering pump is stock but im keeping everything under the hood right now.

will trade parts for:

87-90 gm 1500 v8 throttle body fuel injection setup and everything i need to run it.
17" 8 lug wheels
14 bolt locker
dana 60 locker
37" tires for a 17" wheel

Back