• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out a 98 XJ

Are you only selling the engine as a whole? I need a TPS and a IAC. To make it easier I'll buy the whole TB with all 3 sensors if you like.

PM me with an offer. So far people usually want the long block.

Tim i still want the interior stuff (console, carpet, trim in the cab area) im just not sure when i will be able to come down. im not in a hurry though either. as long as you dont mind holding it a little longer .

Johnnie & All=
Sorry guys the truck is outside so has been off my radar, but the weather is improving. I am back to pulling parts today.

Johnnie- I am trying not to ship. Where do you live? I can check on USPS rate for a box, but the flares would require a good sized one. Let me know what you want to do.
I live near the Oceano Dunes (my zip is 93444). The smaller stuff might fit in a box. But, as long as you will have them I can probably get them soon or find a way for them to get to me.

How many miles on the motor?

Engine runs well and I have intentionally kept it in the car so you can hear it, about 220k miles. Price depends on how much of it you want. I'd sell the longblock for $150 if you want the injection, harness and computer... say $300... $250 if you go back red!
There ya go (=

And if there's enough incentive, I need to head up his way soon. Could possibly pick it up.

How many miles on the motor?

At 220k miles I would definitely recommend a rebuild, but honestly the thing didn't even have any lifter noise... the truck originally came from Marin County ($$$). If it wasn't for the body damage my daughter would have driven it another 3 years at least.

Also do you still have the rear drive shaft?

Yes... Driver's seat bracing is broken down, though the upholstery is in good shape (use your seat and foam?) I'd let you have it free, the passenger is real nice and will bolt to the base (you end up with the recliner control on the wrong side... not sure if that can be fixed).

Are you only selling the engine as a whole? I need a TPS and a IAC. To make it easier I'll buy the whole TB with all 3 sensors if you like.

TPS and IAC and TB are yours.

too bad i missed this! i have been looking for a 98+ with lots of body damage (read; cheap)

too bad i missed this! i have been looking for a 98+ with lots of body damage (read; cheap)

Sorry, the front crossmember is chopped off and all the front sheetmetal is gone. Still plenty of parts left though, including:
  • Engine without throttlebody
  • AW4
  • Rear Driveshaft
  • Headliner with Soundbar
  • Seats with good uphostery (grey interior- Driver seat frame is broken down, but upholstery is nice)
  • Rear hatch
  • Driver's side front fender
  • Rear taillights
  • Sidemarkers
  • Brake system
  • AC system less condensor
  • Steering column (airbags are gone)
  • Dash & Infinity Stereo Cassette/CD & speakers
  • Stock Suspension & more I'm not thinking of
I am going to be out of town from Thursday to Sunday building a home for a family in the Ensenada area of Mexico. Should be pretty available next week.

Tim i still want the interior stuff (console, carpet, trim in the cab area) im just not sure when i will be able to come down. im not in a hurry though either. as long as you dont mind holding it a little longer .

It's still yours... you have certainly been patient enough with me!

Oh, also, how are the front door seals?

I'd like the 231 and the bezel for the transfer case since I'm going to swap out a 242. PM on the way.

-Charles

Do you still have the aw4 & 231? How many miles on em? And what are ya wanting for the pair?

Yes, I have them both. 220k miles and both working very well. Ready to pull $150 EA OR $250 for the pair. Sorry I took so long, was out of town building a house for a family in Mexico.

Back