• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out 1988 Jeep Cherokee Laredo

Mich88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everybody, my XJ has been sitting for a while since I got a new DD and built a bigger wheeling rig. Its basically stock, about 180k miles. Its located in Michigan. If you need parts let me know. The front grill is kind of beat up since my (insert bad word here) housemates decided it would be good to push it with a plow. Anyhow, let me know what you need. Christian

I need the 7 bolt that are in the steering column that hold the insides... well inside... here are some pictures of a GM style column... The red arrows are pointing to the ones I need...
DCP_0757.jpg

DCP_0770.jpg

Rear driveshaft. Is it an automatic? D35 rear? Tranny? Please let me know. Thanks!

Picture065.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Picture051.jpg

As you can see, the fenders have been cut and are a little dented up, so IDK if you want them. I'd rather sell the column as a whole unit, but I have a housemate who just swapped a column out of his, so I will see if he has the bolts/screws. I have the rear driveshaft, it is an AW4 tranny, D35 rear. Thanks! Christian

any skids?

how much for the pannel with the fog light and defrost switches on it and also the rear winshield wiper pannel and switch,and whatever the other switch is on there? Lookin for shipped price. shipping to 61032. Thanks -Shaun

Hey guys, Jeepsycho pm'd me about those prior to your post, so he has first dibs. Chainsaw, can you be more specific on what you need out of the dash, or the whole thing, because there are 2 people ahead of you for some parts. I will try and get a price on the rest of the stuffs shipping. We just got at least 2 ft of snow over the past day and a half, with 50mph winds, so its kind of hard to get around on the roads, and I gotta uncover the Jeep which is in a drift right now. Thanks! Christian

Specifically, I need the dash itself and literally nothing else in it. FSM refers to it as "Instrument Panel". You can leave the vents in it if you want to save a little time, but I'm not picky. If you nobody wants 'em and they'll fit in the box I'd take the glove box cover, lower instrument panel, and the facia that's just below the glove box.
Heck, I may be interested in the Heater Control Panel depending on the cost of the other stuff!

No hurry... I'm in the midst of replacing a window regulator and all associated rubber so it ain't a priority right now. ;)

thx

Last edited:
This is what I'm dealing with until it warms up again, lol.
pic%20078.jpg

Well, I guess we are getting another 14 by tomorrow night, but I dug it out today, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Blah, another 2 ft by thursday...I thought it was spring?

Christian, I'm still interested in everything I mentioned. I know the snow's kicking your a$$, but I just wanted you to know that I'm here. Thanks man.

Must really be snowing.................

Sorry, busy week, couple homework projects due, and 2 exams, will get to it this weekend. Only one more year of this crap, thank God! Thanks!

Back