• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Palin's 17 old daughter is pregnant

alex22 said:
My girlfriend's mom is a nurse at a city hopsital (poorer rundown area) and she sees alot of 14 year olds and she will see someone who is maybe 30 holding a grandchild.... must be a family tradition or sumthin.

~Alex

I spent a week in Waterbury for cert. training a few years ago.......(Waterford-Siemon Co) don't care if I ever go back.

17 and pregnant? Is this a surprise? I'm surprised everyone fertile up there isn't pregnant. Dark three months out of the year, and do you have any idea how expensive condoms would be if they had to ship them to you by air freight? :D

Yea, Waterbury is a shitty place that I have to drive through almost every day. The one thing it has going for it is a movie theatre and the cheapest gas in the area.
Alaska's day/night cycle could be to blame for it all. either can't sleep or can't go outside for half the year, why not spend all your time in bed.

~Alex

Thats why bars boost almost %60 increase in sales during the winter.... and almost as much increase in domestic violence calls..

RTicUL8 said:
News link HERE!

Just thought I'd beat Ecomike to the punch.

BTW....still voting for McCain. :D :thumbup:

x2

Who the fuck cares its her daughter getting pregnant, its not the fucking 50's anymore. yeah, I think its stupid thats she is pregnant, It doesn't mean that Sarah Palin is a bad mother or is a bad VP candidate. Some of you guys have to have 17 yo daughters. They don't exactly think of the consequences at that age. I know several girls who got pregnant young. My team leader at work is 21 she has a 4 year old son with Cerebral Palsy. She is probably one of the more mature people i know. This is about Sarah Palin not her daughter

xjtrailrider said:
The media acts like its a big deal...
How can someone make having an abortion a non-issue while at the same time make an issue about being pregnant. Mike, care to explain this to me; I just dont get it.

I agree, teenagers are teenagers, and these things not only happen, but should be expected to happen. But acknowledging this brings up the very reason that this is a political problem for Gov. Palin.

It might not be an issue at all, except that it appears that Palin has, in her capacity as a public figure, made public statements that she believes "abstinence-only" sex education should be the only public policy. She can't expect that nobody will connect her political stance with what certainly comes across as a conspicuous argument against it.

But once that's said, it's said. I hope that that is where it ends, though I suspect it won't be.

edited to add: by the way, I don't think there's any real evidence that Palin's daughter did not receive sex education, including aspects of it that her mother has stated she would not support, and that is one reason I think the argument should not go too far. For all I know she may have had condoms in her pocket and decided not to use them. I think that anti-Palin forces might well shoot themselves in the foot here. The situation seems to me to drive home the point that because teenagers will tend to be sexually active, abstinence-only education falls short. But it says nothing, really, about Palin's parenting or her personal life, or her family, that this object lesson happens to be so close to home.

Last edited:
Ummm....her daughter isn't running for VP...don't care. Awesome parents can have kids who make mistakes. In her case pregnancy was (most likely) a mistake, it's just one that stands out a little more than others. I don't think she's a bad person because she is el prego.

If you think you need to tell kids what a condom is and how it works to get them to use them and not get pregnant, you're confused. I don't recall getting taught anything about condoms in sex-ed back in HS, but I still knew what they were and what they were for.

Darky said:
If you think you need to tell kids what a condom is and how it works to get them to use them and not get pregnant, you're confused. I don't recall getting taught anything about condoms in sex-ed back in HS, but I still knew what they were and what they were for.
Yeah, plus in a worst case scenario the boxes have those cute little instructions with pictures to follow...:rof:

Back