• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

paint stock rims?

vajeeper

NAXJA Forum User
jus wondering if anyone has painted stock rims on their cherokee and it actually look decent pics would be appreciated

thanks. Vajeeper

http://image04.webshots.com/4/0/17/46/100301746GZRuVU_ph.jpg
http://image04.webshots.com/4/0/14/94/100301494VtIgKR_ph.jpg
100301494VtIgKR_ph.jpg

100301746GZRuVU_ph.jpg

why?

my rims would look like SHIT with any color at all...
Rear%20Wheel%20and%20Tire.jpg

Heres my sport wheels painted black. They look really nice clean.
jeep31bu.jpg

aduke said:
any body paint turbine wheels?

If you look closely, you'll note that this Pratt and Whitney V2500 turbine has painted wheels.

v2500.jpg

A guy I know up here had his stock steel wheels glassbeaded and then powdercoated black. They have held up pretty well to scratches and damage. They look exactly the same as before, except now they're black. A nice change from the standard black steelies out there.

just my oppinion, but i think it just looks funny when you paint the stock rims black. it looks like ten years worth of brake dust caked on if you ask me.....

yeah i agree i have some pretty nasty looking wheels but my friend painted his on his pick up the other day with duplicolor paint and they looked real nice

any more picks would be a help on making my decision

vajeeper said:
yeah i saw that...but hey man whatever gets tha job done
Looks better than rust. I also painted my diffs that green.

I got the same style wheel as "xj ranger" posted but with them simulatedbead lock buttons along the edge. I had them burned blasted and powdercoated.
I've got a black xj and I got the rims done in a charcoal grey witha gloos clear on top. they've held up real well over the three years I've had them and cleaning them is a breeze. just spray with "simple green" wipe the holes and rinse!

soory no pics but if you want I'll email a pic to you

Back