• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overheating Questions!!

Does anyone know what the model/part # for the kricket thing is as i need one too... and my local napa is far away and i want to see they have it b4 i go there.

Pete

jeepsrock said:
Does anyone know what the model/part # for the kricket thing is as i need one too... and my local napa is far away and i want to see they have it b4 i go there.

Pete
It is just called a 'krikitt II' comes in two models, one for standard belts that will work and a longer one that is for serpentine belts. I have the smaller one.

Jay Welch said:
My bet is on a restricted radiator.
My radiator was working fine before I changed the pump, don't see why it would just take a dump all of a sudden right after changing a water pump

Went to the auto hobby shop on base yesterday and pulled the thermostat and flipped it. I'm pretty sure the bleeder hole is up now. Dang thing wouldn't stay put. That bleeder really is tiny tho! I also put a clamp on the lower radiator hose about where the one from the original hose went (it had an extra one clamped over the middle of the hose. Maybe they switched to that instead of a spring?

Ok, it still over heated after doing that so I took it and had the radiator flushed a couple days ago. It runs a little hot still but it hasn't overheated yet. I also haven't dowe any extended highway driving though either. My next move is to go to the dealer and get a new lower hose and install that since it should have the spring like Rich said. Any other advice?

Checked your fan clutch? I replaced mine with Flexalite electric. Thrmostat? I always run a 170 in the Summer and a 195 in the Winter. Water pump? I replaced with Hesco Hghflow and hi-flow T housing.

Wanna a go to a little more troble? 3 core radiator, replace aux. fan with 97' or newer stile and switch override hooked up to a temp gage from Summit that turns on aux. fan at desired temp setting, hood vents in back of hood air direction to the rear of vehicle and hood vent above cold air intake.

Sounds like a lot, but I am never concerned with heat, even in hot days of Utah.

Start with lower temp t-stat first, this will alow you to start cooling earlier and then chen your fan clutch and possibly replace.

Back