• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead console temp sensor

oblivion_twister

NAXJA Forum User
where can I get one, I went through the jy this weekend and no luck. The only ones I find listed new are the ones for GCs. Will that one work?

XJ, ZJ, and similar model year Chrysler Minivans have the same temp sensor.

I went through all the GCs and minivans, only one I found and did grab was an 89 caravan, the sensor was metal.

what do I need to do to wire it? Do I need to run from the sensor to the kick panel then splice or is the wiring there underhood and hidden?

btt

It's a thermistor. It increases and decreases resistance with temperature variance. As long as it is two wire it would be a cut and splice. Just remember accuracy depends on how close the resistance is at a set temperature to the oem sensor.

Look between the front "frame rails" in the center of the vehicle by the font bumper. There should be a plug which looks like the factory fog light plugs there. That's for your temp sensor.

What year? Searching should find one of the posts I've made on the subject, it depends on if it's 96- or 97+

My 98 sport had the wiring there for the temp sensor when I added my overhead console, so if yours is a 97+ it should be there. I can't speak to 96- though, but the info is on the board, search around. I got all my info for my OHC install here.

Back