• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ouch!

Fornstar

NAXJA Forum User
Differential decided that it didnt want the gear oil inside of it any more. Pulled the axle out and put it on some jack stands. Oil started leaking from the pinion so I pulled the cover and found this.

12+-+1

Awesome.

Anybody got some 3.73s laying around?

Matt

Should have thrown some polishing compound in the pumpkin, and stuffed it back under the Jeep. You'd have had some good wall art.

So you guys are just like pros at regearing? Or Forn are you paying someone? I wanna sit in one day and learn the ways of regearing, then I'll never have to buy beer again!

So you guys are just like pros at regearing? Or Forn are you paying someone? I wanna sit in one day and learn the ways of regearing, then I'll never have to buy beer again!

I'm in the same situation. I don't know how to do gears but want to learn. I'm hoping this is my opportunity to get the experience.

Matt

Damn dude that sucks. Time to re gear both axles now! No sense in putting 3:73 and having to pay for labor again down the road.

Hit up RWK or JeeperJohn. They wouldn't mind showing someone the basics of a gear install. Now them showing you the little tricks to a gear install.... A master never reveals there money making tricks. :D

i just talked to a buddy of mine, remember how i kept hounding you about the 249? eating the front diff is a sign of the vc going out :(

Whats that ring gear look like? Cracked and missing teeth? I bet the carrier bearings and spiders/ side gears are shot with all the metal flakes in the oil. If it's a d30 low pinion junk it and get a high pinion from a yard and get it locked and geared.

Damn dude that sucks. Time to re gear both axles now! No sense in putting 3:73 and having to pay for labor again down the road.

3.73s are fine for now. XJ is gone. This is for a ZJ. It will stay stock for a while. The wife is getting relocated for her job to we will be moving to the PNW. IF anything the ZJ may get a BB and some 31s but thats about it for now.

Talk to Rob over at RWKHaus he will fix you up!

Sent him a PM earlier. Just waiting to hear back now.

Whats that ring gear look like? Cracked and missing teeth? I bet the carrier bearings and spiders/ side gears are shot with all the metal flakes in the oil. If it's a d30 low pinion junk it and get a high pinion from a yard and get it locked and geared.

Ring gear and spider gears werent that bad. Ive seen worse. It is a D30 LP but I wont be upgrading anything right now.

Matt

What the....:eek: Tell me it is't true man. :doh: You go and add another addition to the family and the wifey said "no way on the xj" or what? :looney:

It was my choice to get rid of it. We are relocating to PNW and was under the impression that the reloc package didnt include vehicles. An hour after I sold it we were informed that a vehicle dolly is included.:mad: The plan was to just buy something cheap and good on gas in the mean time and then buy something up there. Once I found its a payed for self move I decided to get something that can be used up there.

Matt

Back