• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on welders, 220 or 110.

Any last words? lol im about to pull the trigger on thermal arc 181i in the next few minutes.. $700 and with promo for a free helmet thats worth about 150 bucks.

It seems like the thermalarc is decent, but quick googling shows it doesn't do any one method 'great'. I like my Miller 211, works great. Most the stuff you will need to do a jeep can be done with a mig.

I saw different results. i read like 12 pages on weldingweb saying how it was able to do everything pretty well. also watched multiple videos one was from a well known welding company demonstrating it. The 211 is very tempting but like almost 400 bucks more. i dont need dual voltage, i dont need the extra power, it comes with a good bit less stuff, way less capabilites only thing better it has is the autoset. the thermal arc has way more features even for just the MIG side.

And the deal is done, just bought it.

Member on Comancheclub recommended that brand welder, he has several and is a welding instructor. Keep us updated on how ya like it, looking at getting a welder in the next couple months.

alright will do, yea ive heard alot of good about it. the company has alot of reputation

Back