• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinions on lift kits

Not the case if you look at the cost of upper and lower control arms and the cost of drop brackets you are pretty much in the same cost for long arms if not more.

Rubicon Express Lowers that are adjustable are 219.+- Uppers are about the same price. so now you are close to 400.++ then the cost of drop brackets another 200.+-

Check Out Andy's site
www.ironman4x4fab.com
749.00 for a long arm kit.
http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/Products/LAK.html
STD-LAK-F.jpg

Not the case if you look at the cost of upper and lower control arms and the cost of drop brackets you are pretty much in the same cost for long arms if not more.

Rubicon Express Lowers that are adjustable are 219.+- Uppers are about the same price. so now you are close to 400.++ then the cost of drop brackets another 200.+-

Check Out Andy's site
www.ironman4x4fab.com
749.00 for a long arm kit.
http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/Products/LAK.html
STD-LAK-F.jpg
Is that $749.99 for the arms, or for a full lift kit? OP is looking for a full kit to ensure that he gets all necessary parts. Rough Country's 4.5" Xflex, with drop brackets, comes to $1019 and would include just about everything he'd need. Still want to look into an SYE and rear shaft, especially if it's 96+.

for the first few months i wont be doing anything to crazy. just so i can get everything dialed in right. there arent too many places to wheel around here since they banned wheeling all together in the state of CT. i dont like how it looks sitting stock and just want to make sure i have all necessary parts to complete the lift. with RC i can get the 4.5 x flex with SYE steering stabilizer and and rear driveshaft for roughly 1500 with shipping. after that ill see how it rides and upgrade parts accordingly. thanks for all the input

If you go 4.5" get drop brackets and you'll have the ride and flex of long arms for less. It's possible to really get into the tuning and building of your rig and get more usable flex from long arms, but running short arms at 4.5" and long arms at 5.5", I could unseat the coil on either setup. I can unseat it farther on the long arms, but in either case it's unusable flex.

This is patially wrong... As stated by the time you add up the cost of upper & lower arms and the stronger skid/crossmember you'll be right there, thats what made me oppt for the longarm, longarm it and never look back!

Back