• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Open loop/ Closed loop?

It fires two spark plugs at the same time. One on the power stoke, one on the exhaust stroke. The cylinder with compression/less resistance gets the majority of the spark. Cylinders 1&6, 2&5, and 3&4 are the pairs fired together. While I haven't had it happen to me personally, if there is something in cylinder #3 that is easier to fire than on #4 the majority of the spark could go to #3. In theory at least.

What do the spark plugs look like?

Have you checked the cam sensor synch?

Check wiring to the injectors too.

It fires two spark plugs at the same time. One on the power stoke, one on the exhaust stroke. The cylinder with compression/less resistance gets the majority of the spark. Cylinders 1&6, 2&5, and 3&4 are the pairs fired together. While I haven't had it happen to me personally, if there is something in cylinder #3 that is easier to fire than on #4 the majority of the spark could go to #3. In theory at least.

What do the spark plugs look like?

Have you checked the cam sensor synch?

Check wiring to the injectors too.

I changed the plugs, then swapped them around, with all of them looking good. I have champion copper cores in now but am going to throw in some NGK's tomorrow, just for fun!

Just checked the cam sensor index and everything was lined up

I ohmed the wire from #4 injector to the ECM and wiggled the harness to check for bad wires, everything there seamed fine.

Back