• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Omnis and Horizons

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
So I'm reading an article on Jalopnik and read the line:

"a guy in Pennsylvania who collects Omnis and Horizons for some reason."

...and the first thing that comes to mind is...

Wait, I thought Mayercik lives in Jersey, did he move?

--Matt

On the way home from York yesterday we saw a guy getting into his 4 door Reliant K. The thing looked like it just rolled off the assembly line. A kindred spirit, I thought...
Where the hell have you been Ahab? Figured you probably fell in love or something.

Hey! I had a TC3 Omni..... only car I ever(knock on wood) got a speeding ticket in.
Remember when the National speed limit was 55..:greensmok

Nope, didn't move - still in NJ and still have the Omni. It actually just passed smog again last week.

The Jalopnik article wasn't about me, though I did get interviewed about the Omni once a number of years back. One of the local papers out by the Belvidere Chrysler plant was doing an article on the history of the place and the Allpar site (which I occasionally check) posted up that they were looking for owners of vehicles built there.

I ran my Omni's VIN, and sure enough it was built there. I ended up doing a short phone interview with the guy, and he sent me a hardcopy of the article, which I have at home somewhere.

I had a manual dodge shadow for 2 weeks while my broncos motor was being rebuilt. I was 17 and quite the skateboarder kid...I beat that thing like it owed me money and it was glorious.

Back