• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

old man Jim needs some help

KRONIK

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. Old man Jim (James Grooms) is having breathing problems and has been admitted into the hospital for diagnosis.
If you can. Stop by his facebook page and let him know he is in our thoughts.
His brother is going to read him the posts.
I was going to tell him to get his nitrous tank refilled because we need his sarcasm. But ill wait for him to read that on here.

Anyway. Here's to Jim. :cheers:
Hope things get better for you and your health.
Stay strong.

I'm not on facebook, but for all of those of you who are, please let Jim know I'm thinking of him, and my visual is of him on the beach in a jeeps, in a terrible Hawaiian shirt with a Tecate in one hand and a hot California blond in the other...

thanks for the update, Cody. :cheers:

Cody, I'm not on FB either. Please give Jim my best! Also let him know that I tell all my gun buddies his story of how he 'aquired' his .45 service weapon.

He needs to hurry up and get better, it is almost bikini season!!!

Last edited:
My visual is of him on the beach in a jeeps, in a terrible Hawaiian shirt with a Tecate in one hand and a hot California blond in the other... :cheers:

Only one?

Tom, as much respect as I have for Jim, he is a man -- he only has two hands.

Hang in there Jim!

He might just need a break from all the beer and bikini clad California girls..... recharge and get back into it!

I don't got no stinkin' facebook. Tell Jim he is still our poster child for retirement.

NAXJA013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad news :(

Copied from Facebook:

"To all of my Dads friends, I am sad to say that James Passed away yesterday afternoon... We have all lost a great man and friend. He will never be forgotten and is at peace now"

R.I.P. Jim :(

Proud to have known you, Jim, and glad you were able to dictate how you spent your last years. I will raise a glass to you tonight, and remember you always. :cheers:

Adios Jim, and God-Speed to one of the most positive curmudgeons I have ever met! :cheers:

Bless your loved ones! They will miss you more than any of us ever could. :tear:

summer 2010 or 2011, right before Jim headed for the beach -- he met us up at china wall to put his WJ through the paces:

Jim had bought my Dad's Merc Grand Marquis the year before, saying he was old enough for an "age appropriate vehicle" -- took him about two months to decide a WJ was more age appropriate...

Dammit. Gonna miss you Jim. Funny as hell, kind, forgiving, generous as they get.

I remember the first time I met Jim. It was up at Troy's house and Kiefer was there. Jim kept referring to Kiefer as "Keester." Seemed like a very nice man who I'm sure will be missed.

RIP Jim.

Back