• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

okay, try this one smart guys...

brtb said:
uhm... the recall-installed interlock device thingy on mine was spliced into the brake light switch. As far as I could tell, it split the switch output into two, one to activate the brake lights and the other went to a relay, which tied into what looked like a solenoid cylinder in-line with the cable from the shifter to the steering column.

?! I'll have to find that recall again, but I was certain it was a mechanical interlock... Perhaps I'm thinking that just because that's the way I'd do it - I prefer mechanical controls over electrics anyhow...

5-90

It was kinda strangely installed on mine in any case... the way they installed it, they pulled the connector on the brake light switch and plugged some individual spade terminals into it. Kinda like they were planning ahead, if you ever really wanted to you could just unplug all the splices and directly connect to the brake light switch again. IIRC the blue/black wire got split off and ran to a relay, which also had a connection to always-on 12v through the front of the fuse box.

Weird stuff...

The power door locks, the power seats and some other power circuits, run through a circuit breaker in the fuse box.
My wife has a habit of kicking the fuse block, everytime she gets in the Jeep. Worth a look see.

Back