• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OK Uncle, I need to improve mileage or sell the Jeep.

Markw, that is the point of my whole post? I realize the lift and tires are hurting the mileage. I was only wondering how much of a improvement I might expect if I drop everything and retire. Is 2-3 mpg out of line?

Oh and to one of the others, the speedo has been corrected and is acurate.

I run 2", 30s & 3.55s. I average 20.5 in mixed driving and 22.5 on long highway trips.
If I were you, I would suspect something wrong in sensors or engine controls. 4.56 might be better for 32s, and 5" of lift is an aerodynamic mess, but still... 14 highway sounds a bit low.

If you've EVER removed the intake/exhaust manifold combo, or the throttle body, you may want to check the security of their retaining nuts and bolts, as I've found these will loosen up over time, if not properly torqued down. You may also want to check to make sure your vacuum lines and fittings have no leaks, as these can also mess up your MPG, as well as cause driveability issues. Of course, you should invest in a good quality vacuum gauge, and learn how to use it to diagnose engine problems that would compromise MPG, as well as overall performance.

Year old thread but good info none the less

Back